Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2022, 02:06 PM   #41
Professor Steve
Established Member

M.O.C. #22062
thanks - I gave the air pocket a try - we'll see if it works - I am grateful for your response!

Professor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #42
whitetrashcobra
Established Member

M.O.C. #30703
No idea if inverter is factory mits strange the gfci is in bath and is reset but no power like the load/line is crossed i am gonna look into the 1 in the storage area the fuy i git it from had issues and someone rewired it so that might be the issue
whitetrashcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 01:25 PM   #43
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrashcobra View Post
I am hooked to a water supply not running off of tanks what position should the water heater valve be in when hooked up to a water hose not running off with the freshwater tanks thank you I'm new to all this
The water heater is either normal, or bypassed for winterizing. It works regardless of city water or internal tanks. From your picture it looks like you have the water fill (the internal tanks) on thus causing the eventual overflow, and I can't tell for sure but it looks like maybe the water heater anode is not installed. If the previous owner had winterized, he may have forgot to install a new anode. Get one, teflon, 1.25" socket, done.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #44
Glades
Established Member

M.O.C. #26789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
In your first picture, this is the vent for your fresh water tank. It also serves as the overflow when your tank is full. This is normal and lets you know that your fresh water tank is completely full.
It also serves as a backup gravity fill. Remove the cover and the screen. You can now use a funnel or spout to fill your water tank.
Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #45
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrashcobra View Post
Thank u so much
WHAT you did was put the lever to Fill Fresh Water Tank.. The water coming out is because the tank is full of water and it's going out the overflow.. Underneath should be a cap.. Unscrew the cap and let the water drain.. there is a fitting inside the tube where the cap is.. don't lose it.. It goes on before the cap..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:42 AM   #46
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Question on the overflow spout.. Mine is caulked to the side, so I would have to remove that to try to fill from that opening. Anyone else have this?

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #47
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Question on the overflow spout.. Mine is caulked to the side, so I would have to remove that to try to fill from that opening. Anyone else have this?
It depends on your year and model. Older units they filled through the vent port. Newer ones have a freshwater port in the convenience center (see post # 4 picture).

Maybe put a garden hose shut off valve on your freshwater drain plug?
That's what I did just for draining and flushing my freshwater tank. I hook up the garden hose to drain it away from the rig to the garden.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Freshwater drain.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	12495  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote