Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #21
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan&Dave View Post
Has anyone had a morryde suspension system installed on their Montana rig? If so, wondering if you find it beneficial and worth the cost

Not been here in a while. Yes, I replaced my RoadArmor suspension with an LRE 4000 MorRyde suspension, new Dexter axles, springs, HD shackles, Xfactor cross braces, disc brakes and more.

Don't know the year of your trailer or the OE suspension. The RoadArmor is pretty good but basically a knock off of the MorRyde. If you have the RoadArmor I'm not sure it would be worth the cost to just swap to the MorRyde if that is all you were going to do. They both work on the same premise except IMO RoadArmor is just a Keystone copy so I went with MorRyde which I had owned before and was happy. If you have a previous suspension prior to RoadArmor, and not MorRyde, I would upgrade personally.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:45 PM   #22
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Alignment

Thanks for the recommendation. How do you know if the alignment is bad? I still have the original tires with decent tread with about 18,000 miles on them. It’s a 1400 mile trip back to Utah.did you have to drag it back to Elkhart to have it realigned?
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #23
77cruiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26015
Hopefully it won't happen to you. They didn't show me the alignment numbers, didn't even think to ask, shouldn't have to.
I didn't want to go back so I adjusted the toe myself.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:49 PM   #24
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
No doubt it's a great suspension and the disc brakes are awesome. Just food for thought if I had to do it over again I would have went with an 8K setup. My understanding is the seven case setup does not have greasable bearings via zerks but the 8K does
I'll ask. We talked about this when we scheduled and they recommended against the 8k axles if It was overkill because the ride would be harder. My 3820 FK has a GVWR in the mid 16,000's, but 2800 pounds for sure is the pin weight so I'm borderline. We just moved into the 5er full time so I'm pretty loaded so we'll see.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:28 PM   #25
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Just a quick none of interest for you.
I was in Ogden Utah and had an more ride rubber let go at 4:30 in the afternoon going under an overpass when I felt the pickup jerk a little so I put the peddle down and all seemed ok. Well an fright truck pulled along side of me and blew his horn. and was pointing towards the back, So I looked in the Mirror and seen the flat tire.
Well what do you do when going under the underpass at 4:30 in the afternoon traffic ?
Lucky for me the merge lane on the right gave me room to back off the traveled portion of the Hiway. Got out and put my warning cones out and tryied to contact help on the Cell.
I look up and see an Pickup coming up the merge lane with Orange flashing lite on top.
Kind of gave me a bad feeling, going to get ticked for my location. It turned out to be a young Fellow that was going to get me some help, When he looked at the situation he told me that I had more Problems than a flat tire, This young fellow said leave it with me I will get you some help.
Fifteen minutes later an long tipping trailer on a big rig came by and they loaded the Hole frigen works on to the lowbed and hauled us away to there shop,
The Company that did this was Ogden Auto body, I have nothing but good words for them. they put us in there lot and gave us WiFi and Power for the two days that it took them to get parts and fix. YAaa Ogden Auto Body, Ps I do Have Pictures if interested.
Rick
09 3400RL & 08 3500HD Duramax,
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:45 AM   #26
oeeman
Established Member

M.O.C. #14662
couple of differences

My Montana 3400RL had the mooreryde suspension on it. couple of things - make sure you check the rubber at least yearly. I sent pictures to Moreryde which showed splits in the rubber and they said - replace! which I did myself without too much difficulty. They indicate a life of 8 - 10 years, but I don't use the trailer much so if it depends on miles be aware. I changed the wet bolt bushings at the same time. Also because it has such a high rate of independent suspension if you have the anderson tire changing ramp (I did and was relying on it in case) it won't work. It doesn't get the other tire off the ground. I sent a note to anderson suggesting that they put a note on there info but don't think they did.
oeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #27
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Morryde IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan&Dave View Post
Has anyone had a morryde suspension system installed on their Montana rig? If so, wondering if you find it beneficial and worth the cost
I just got back from having mine installed. Funny thing happened on the way to Elkhart though - one of the rear leaf spring bolts sheared off somewhere outside of Chicago on i-80/90 which is absolutely awful!!!! Good thing I was headed to a shop to have those replaced.

All I can say with the Is - huge difference. The disc brakes are fantastic. Much better braking without locking up. Definitely a game changer for avoiding the idiots that think they can pull in front of you and you can stop 20,000 pounds of steel on a dime.

Just looking at the build quality - way more solid than the stock axles. Sections of road around Elkhart where I had a lot of chucking and bouncing on the way in - were much smoother on the way out. Is it worth $8500? If it prolongs the life of my 2820FK and reduces some of the stress on the components, then maybe. The brakes were well worth it but you can install the disc brakes on a standard axle.So far so good after 1700 miles and no tire wear (i carry a depth gauge). The installation experience was great and the folks at Morryde were awesome. Gonna go back every year for routine maintenance.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:18 PM   #28
mountain high top
Established Member

M.O.C. #31448
does any one know if it is standard on the 3625 re model . there is a name on the pin box stating Morryde
mountain high top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:17 PM   #29
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain high top View Post
does any one know if it is standard on the 3625 re model . there is a name on the pin box stating Morryde
They make many products your PIN box is one of them. I'm not aware of any Montana that comes from the factory with the independent suspension. Maybe special ordered with the Legacy package
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:50 PM   #30
mountain high top
Established Member

M.O.C. #31448
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
They make many products your PIN box is one of them. I'm not aware of any Montana that comes from the factory with the independent suspension. Maybe special ordered with the Legacy package
Thank you
mountain high top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:01 AM   #31
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Mountain - depends on year. I believe they went to Roto Flex in 2019. Our 2004, 2010 and 2015 had MoRRyde. 2021 has Roto Flex.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote