Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2022, 05:16 AM   #21
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Here's the number off their website: 609-259-2636
You can also put a ticket for support at https://www.micro-air.com/contact_microair.cfm

RMcNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 05:35 AM   #22
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Just to be clear, once you download the Easy Touch app, just make sure that bluetooth is enabled on your device. Open the app and let it search for the thermostat(s). You will need to be within a few feet of the thermostat to find it, bluetooth is only good for about 30 feet, sometimes less. Once you have the first thermostat set up, you can choose to "add device" in the app to get the second one set up. Nothing is done in the phone's bluetooth settings, it's all done through the app.
Is this your process?
Old 02-10-2022, 05:43 AM   #23
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Just found the manual for mine. Here's the relevant section:

First connection steps
1. This thermostat uses BLE which is a special implementation of Bluetooth. It is not necessary to “Pair” the thermostat with the phone but an account must be created for operation.
2. Start the app on your smart device. The app will open and if you have not entered your account information, it will ask you to create an account. Enter your name, email and a password at the prompts. The system will send a confirmation email to your inbox. Enter the number in the confirmation email when asked.
3. Once the account is created, the application may ask to add a device. If your device is powered it will show in the list to be added to your account. Select the control and enter a name or location for the control.
4. If you added a control, the app will ask if you want to connect to WIFI now. Enter your SSID (network name) and password in the boxes.
Adding a control
Follow the next steps if the account process does not add a control or a second thermostat is to be added.
1. Press “Add” on the top of the selection screen (Apple) or press the settings gear and “Add Device” (Android).
2. The second thermostat should be listed in the new selection window. Select the device and enter a name for the device.
3. Press OK and the screen will return to the settings menu (Android) or the selection screen (Apple). Android users should press the back button to get to the selection screen.
4. Select the device name to open the thermostat screen.

Connecting to a new WIFI network
1. Connect to the thermostat in Bluetooth (Apple) and press the settings gear.
2. Select WIFI Setup from the settings window.
3. Enter the SSID (network name) and password (Both case sensitive).
4. Press OK and the screen will return to the selection screen. The thermostat will reset and a green WIFI symbol will appear on the thermostat screen if the connection was successful.
Updating the thermostat
Ensuring you have the latest thermostat software is key to having all the latest features.
1. Ensure the thermostat is connected to WIFI with a green WIFI symbol.
2. Connect to the thermostat and press the settings gear, then tap Check for Updates.
3. Follow the prompts to update the thermostat or ensure that you already have the latest software.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:41 AM   #24
Wmass camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23350
Tstat

Does anyone know what the "freeze" reading is on our MicroAir Tstat?
Can't seem to find that notification in the manual anywhere. Pix attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220214_063041.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	11286  
Ext cab, 6.2L, gas
Wmass camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:47 AM   #25
Wmass camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23350
RMcNeal
Thank you for all your research! We found out our issue was due to have the app on more than one device and signing in separately. We deleted the apps and started all over again, and we seem to been in good working order. Did post about a freeze notification and can't seem to find it in the manual. Thanks again for your diligence with this!
Ext cab, 6.2L, gas
Old 02-14-2022, 05:19 AM   #26
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
No problem at all. I'm glad you figured it out.
I haven't had the freeze notification on mine. Early on, I was getting a "Freeze Lockout" message that appeared across the middle of the screen sometimes. When that happened, the unit had frozen up and would not run until the freeze sensor had reset. I called Micro Aire, and they said that was a common problem with the Dometic AC's and that running the fan on high or low rather than auto should avoid the freeze lockout situation. They did mention that they were working on a work around in the code to get the unit to continue running somehow, but since winter has come, it hasn't been an issue for me as I'm not running the AC now.
I'd give Micro Aire a call or send them an email. They are really good about getting back to you quickly.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:58 PM   #27
Wmass camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23350
RMcNeal
Here was the tech data response from MicroAir.
Their response was immediate. Excellent service.
"The latest 351 firmware shows the freeze sensor temperature on the bottom. You may have read about users complaining that 351 stops and must be turned off then on again to restart the compressor. Dometic single zone systems for some unknown reason, have a problem where the freeze sensor measures below 27 degrees and stops the compressor AND THE FAN! This results in a really long time until the system can recover enough to run cooling again. Running the fan on high helps but not everyone wants that fan blowing on them.

So to help correct this Dometic issue, the new firmware update runs the fan on high whenever the freeze lockout occurs. This quickly brings the freeze sensor up to temperature then it goes back to cooling again. All this is done programmatically to help keep the unit cooling as much as possible"
Ext cab, 6.2L, gas
Old 02-15-2022, 12:06 AM   #28
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmass camper View Post
We have installed the MicroAir Easy Touch RV app. And...deleted and reinstalled a couple of times. Same message Need an app for this device.
Does anyone have a contact # for tech support at MicroAir?
Here: https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:33 AM   #29
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Does anyone know what the "freeze" reading is on our MicroAir Tstat?
Can't seem to find that notification in the manual anywhere. Pix attached.
The number below "freeze" is what your Dometic freeze sensor is reading. The explanation you got from Micro Air is correct. Dometic single zone units have a "freeze up" problem and lock out for quite awhile until the freeze sensor warms up enough. If your other unit is running and pumping cold air into the common ducts, the freeze sensor may never warm enough to reset the lock out. If your unit goes into lock out, the Micro Air will run the fan on high to rapidly (usually takes less than a minute) warm the freeze sensor so the unit will return to normal ops.

I was a test bed with MicroAir for a couple months last summer to get this software fix working. I have had this problem since I bought the Montana new; Dometic has looked at the units several times and is unable to solve the problem even though they acknowledge it exists. The Micro Air T-stats are a life saver and the tech support is terrific. After fighting this for four years, my units are working well.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:13 AM   #30
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Well that's good news. I guess I need to run an update on my thermostats when I get the rig back from service. This must be the fix they were talking about that was on the way. I had nothing but problems with the Dometic AC's and their capacitive touch thermostats. Since replacing them with the Micro Air thermostats, the problems have mostly gone away, save this last issue of the freeze lockout. Now it seems they have found a solution to it as well. I did notice that Keystone changed to Coleman AC's in 2020, so maybe they were tired of the issues too.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:20 PM   #31
RichR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11369
I assume from reading posts that you need one thermostats per air unit?? My existing thermostat does both units but is a pain to get working correctly.
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #32
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
RichR - go to the MicroAir website and match your thermostat to one of the pics they show to see if they have your replacement.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:48 AM   #33
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
We have installed the MicroAir Easy Touch RV app. And...deleted and reinstalled a couple of times. Same message Need an app for this device.
Does anyone have a contact # for tech support at MicroAir?
You're not alone. Just received and installed one and it won't work. App won't let my phone pair with the unit.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:12 AM   #34
Mopar_Mudder
Established Member

M.O.C. #29014
I just installed two Easy Touch stats to replace the Dometic units I just couldn't stand to use anymore.

Easy Touch is way easier to use and read, install was simple but I have a couple of questions.

1) I was surprised their is no way to complete turn off the display. My concern is that when Boondocking how fast are they going to kill the battery having the two of them on all the time. Would be nice if they had a turn display off in sleep mode instead of just dimming down.

2) The app on the phone, anyone have issues with it? I can't even create an account, never e-mails me a verification code.
Mopar_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #35
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Can't offer advice on the app; it works perfect for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-11 111643.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	12193  
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #36
Mopar_Mudder
Established Member

M.O.C. #29014
Thanks for the tip on the day/night mode.

I contacted them and they get my account authorized so should be good to go.
Mopar_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 06:37 AM   #37
DougVelting
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27691
We have 2 in our unit. and have been boondocking a lot lately. They dont draw "any" power comparatively to the lights in the rv and maxair fan in the kitchen
DougVelting is offline   Reply With Quote