Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2023, 05:43 AM   #1
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Suggestion : Facebook group for 2023 Fall Rally?

A Facebook group for the rally would be extremely helpful for sharing photos, videos, events, and news

Very few photos from last year were shared on the MOC website

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 06:22 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've never attended the rally as it seems I'm either camp hosting during that time, or in the past, working full time and not able to. But, I've enjoyed following the posts, comments, fun, and excitement shared on this forum about the various rally's. Not only the North American one, but the others also across the USA.

Personally, I don't do Facebook at all. I never have, and probably never will. I think anyone interested in the Rally's knows to come to these forums, which is the Mother Ship of the entire organized event and the sponsorship. Besides, if you don't use these forums and if you don't own a Montana, or at lest have access to a Montana, the rally itself doesn't mean a whole lot. The "thing" that binds us together is our Montana's and THIS forum site.

It would kind of like be, like, selling McDonalds hamburgers at a Burger King restaurant.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 06:59 AM   #3
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I've never attended the rally as it seems I'm either camp hosting during that time, or in the past, working full time and not able to. But, I've enjoyed following the posts, comments, fun, and excitement shared on this forum about the various rally's. Not only the North American one, but the others also across the USA.

Personally, I don't do Facebook at all. I never have, and probably never will. I think anyone interested in the Rally's knows to come to these forums, which is the Mother Ship of the entire organized event and the sponsorship. Besides, if you don't use these forums and if you don't own a Montana, or at lest have access to a Montana, the rally itself doesn't mean a whole lot. The "thing" that binds us together is our Montana's and THIS forum site.

It would kind of like be, like, selling McDonalds hamburgers at a Burger King restaurant.
I agree with almost everything. The photos were lacking and were not posted daily.

2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Old 06-22-2023, 11:24 AM   #4
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Hopefully Wagon Master Team responds. I think last year were around some where
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:27 AM   #5
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
We posted the link to the photos from the 2022 Fall Rally after the Rally.

See forum post below:
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=88071

Enjoy!

The group usually has a slide show going daily on the TVs for all to see during the rally at meals, etc. when people are gathered. The coordinator of photography has to go through thousands of photos submitted by the volunteers before anything can be done with them.

If you would like to volunteer, please keep a look out on the volunteer sign up checklist for Photography when it is posted.

Hope to see you at the Rally!
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:30 AM   #6
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWatsonJones View Post

See forum post below:
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=88236

Enjoy!

The group usually has a slide show going daily on the TVs for all to see during the rally at meals, etc. when people are gathered. The coordinator of photography has to go through thousands of photos submitted by the volunteers before anything can be done with them.

If you would like to volunteer, please keep a look out on the volunteer sign up checklist for Photography when it is posted.

I prefer to download shared photos and share them with friends. The slide show on the TV was nice, but you have to wait for all the photos stop scroll, and the only way to capture a photo is to take a photo of the screen.

Having photos in a shared location would allow each attendee to be a photographer

Old 06-23-2023, 10:24 AM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Faceebook is not the official site for the MOC Forum thus the pictures taken at the National Fall Rally by the photography team are posted on the TVs daily at the Rally and the site designated by the Wagon Master Team on the Forum are the only sites used. If you want to share them with friends they can view them by going to the MOC Forum site. THEY will not be able to make comments because they are not members of the FORUM but they can view the photos taken. If the Wagon Master Team opened up a site for sharing photo it could be disastrous because member of MOC could post there and who knows what would be posted. The WM Team has done a good job over the years past and hopefully it will continue.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #8
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Faceebook is not the official site for the MOC Forum thus the pictures taken at the National Fall Rally by the photography team are posted on the TVs daily at the Rally and the site designated by the Wagon Master Team on the Forum are the only sites used. If you want to share them with friends they can view them by going to the MOC Forum site. THEY will not be able to make comments because they are not members of the FORUM but they can view the photos taken. If the Wagon Master Team opened up a site for sharing photo it could be disastrous because member of MOC could post there and who knows what would be posted. The WM Team has done a good job over the years past and hopefully it will continue.
Where are were all the photos front the 2022 rally shared?

Old 06-23-2023, 04:24 PM   #9
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Merritt View Post
Where are were all the photos front the 2022 rally shared?
Please see my post from yesterday. It includes the link to the forum post from 2022. Go there and you will see the link the the 2022 photos.

Hope this helps!
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:48 PM   #10
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWatsonJones View Post

See forum post below:
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=88071

Enjoy!

I figured out why I didn't see them last year. They were shared the month after the rally. The cool one with the M was two months later.

I'm spoiled by same day photo sharing. My son has been sharing his photos and videos from Greece for the last two weeks. We share our travels on a daily basis and love seeing photos and activities of others as they share them each day.