Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2022, 02:56 AM   #21
kully542
Established Member

M.O.C. #30379
would u have a pic what your talking about here ?? we have a 3761fl on order

kully542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:48 AM   #22
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I guess one way to find out who did what would be to go to the manufacturer. Dometic or Coleman as the case may be.
Get the part number and serial numbers of both your units.
See if they will tell you who they ship those two units to.
If they shipped both of them to Keystone, Keystone messed up installing them.
If they shipped one to the dealership, the dealership swapped the unit. As mentioned above "robbing Peter to pay Paul".
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:24 AM   #23
The Reycrofts
Established Member

M.O.C. #26229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reycrofts View Post
Does anyone else have a heat pump missing from the unit?

We purchased a MHC 294RL in May 2020. It spent most of 2020 in repair Bedroom Wall, Solar non functional, slides not working correctly, Control panel on fridge had to be replaced, and the heat pump was blowing cold air when turned on. the Authorized Dealer discovered the Heat pump was not installed.

At the hershey show this year 2021, we found a Keystone rep and asked how this is possible, he told us, it is installed in the front AC unit, So we had the Repair center check that, Nope! Contacted the two reps from Keystone again and they had CS call. Their response was it left the factory with the heat pump.
To follow up on the heat pump, The AC units on the camper are not the correct model and so no heat pump. the units were not switched as I was told by Keystone. Yes Pictures were required obtained and sent to Keystone. If you would like my point of Contact on this issue, please Email. I believe if you pay for equipment you should receive that equipment.
The Reycrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:37 AM   #24
The Reycrofts
Established Member

M.O.C. #26229
Yes I had Camping World go on the roof and take pictures of the AC units. Apparently the Model number is the Key factor. There is a label on the unit that has the model and serial number on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220211_083547_resized.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	11330  
Old 02-17-2022, 08:46 AM   #25
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Earlier I suggested that Keystone may have simply installed what was available at the time your rig was built. That's still a possible reason you didn't get the heat pump you ordered. However, given what you described about not getting the unit built as ordered...for whatever reason...it's possible that Keystone simply screwed up since it appears that their attention to detail has declined during Covid.

Either way, you have documentation on what was ordered and proof of what was delivered. Now comes the fun part of seeing how they will resolve it. Don't give up or roll over. Be a dog with a bone and don't let it go until you get satisfaction.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #26
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
and they're adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reycrofts View Post
Does anyone else have a heat pump missing from the unit?

We purchased a MHC 294RL in May 2020. It spent most of 2020 in repair Bedroom Wall, Solar non functional, slides not working correctly, Control panel on fridge had to be replaced, and the heat pump was blowing cold air when turned on. the Authorized Dealer discovered the Heat pump was not installed.

At the hershey show this year 2021, we found a Keystone rep and asked how this is possible, he told us, it is installed in the front AC unit, So we had the Repair center check that, Nope! Contacted the two reps from Keystone again and they had CS call. Their response was it left the factory with the heat pump.
Don`t you love spending this much money and have keystone lie to you just to get you off the phone or out of their face so they can con someone else. I really don`t think the people that work for them have any idea what their doing or know their product other than the price.
Keystone dose not put the heat pump on the front they put it on the rear and any body that dose repair work on these things SHOULD be able to tell if it`s a heat pump or not just by lifting the cover. You will see a reversing valve that is not on a straight A/C. It`s so obvious it`s ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant but they pulled basically the same bull line with me on the last camper, "we have never heard of that happening before your the first, you must have done something for the paint to fade on the front cap", just a blatant lie. They pulled the same crap on the current camper with denying the frame flex issue I had. Ended up fixing it myself after 6 months of being run around.
We`er going on the tour of the plant among others this spring and I`m going to confront the tour guide about my experiences with them and see how he tries to get out of that. Maybe he`ll ask me to leave when I keep pressing him for a truthful answers. We`ll see. Don`t know if it will matter but the next one will be SOB.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:54 PM   #27
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Next question. Did you pay for a heat pump or an air conditioner?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:01 PM   #28
The Reycrofts
Established Member

M.O.C. #26229
Have the dealer or repair shop take pictures of the serial number and modle number that will prove weather you have the correct unit or not. We were told the same thing but it turns out we do not have an ac equipped with the heat pump
Old 02-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #29
The Reycrofts
Established Member

M.O.C. #26229
4 season package that included one ac with a heat pump