Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #21
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsemrad View Post
I seldom comment on this forum, however I felt like saying we traded our 2008 3400rl two years ago and we loved it so much it was like loosing a family member. It was so great, quality and design making it probably the best fiver of all time. We only traded it because some of the upgrades we wanted would have been expensive like residential refrigerator, disc brakes, new roof and suspension.
I'll buy that, but a new fridge /disc brakes /more ride independent suspension /and a new RV armor roof is probably around 20 grand or less. Around one quarter of the price of a new unit.

beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:12 AM   #22
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Congrats guys! our 2007 3000Rk is getting long in the tooth and we hope to be purchasing a new 5er in the next year (got the truck upgrade last year). I had to laugh about the decals, ours our horrible and I still don't have them all off. I also have a box of new decals in my closet that will go to the next owner. Right now we are leaning toward Grand Design 390RK. Only thing close in the Montana line (where Lisa can be in the kitchen and see what is going on in the living room) is the Front kitchen model but the "cook" has her back to the living room most of the time. There are definitely some new "standard" feature on new model years rigs that will be nice. No real complaints on our Montana but it is getting old and from what I read on this forum, QA has slipped since the pandemic. Montana is not the only brand to be experiencing this issue.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #23
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
The first problem we dealt with was the Alpine had two piece holding tanks opposed to rotomolded tanks. Several broken tanks but finally resolved the issues. The next is the siding. It didn't take very long for the fiberglass fibers to become obvious and overall dulling of the sides. The suspension is quite basic. I don't recall if it even has wet bolts but it has no other upgrade like Montanas. The pin box is basic. Those are just a few of the components that comes to mind. Most of the other issues that cropped up are similar to issues that our Montana has.
Hey Montana Man... our 2015 Montana has a 2 piece black tank...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:16 PM   #24
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
Hey Montana Man... our 2015 Montana has a 2 piece black tank...
I suppose I got lucky on that one.