Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
N2BchMtnMrsh
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14360
Stubborn Awning Stains

Hello again everyone! We are back in Colorado, starting our fourth month of 2019 living in our Montana. We just bought a house in Westminster, CO and are in escrow. But now that winter is over and we have rolled out our awning, it is hideously filthy. So I did the standard Camco cleaner and it was like trying to remove tar with plain water. So I moved up to a Bleach/Detergent mix, still no luck. As my last resort, I tried PURE BLEACH on a couple of the mold spots, and the bleach didn't touch it at all. Any suggestions? Do I need to replace the awning, it's six years old? Is there another product that handles the mold/mildew better?

N2BchMtnMrsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #2
cumminalong
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13168
Tilex mold and mildew cleaner does a great job,spray it on,roll the awning up,let sit for 20 minutes unroll take a long handle car wash brush,scrub and rinse off with water hose.May need a rain hat and a nice warm day
cumminalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #3
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Is it worse on top of awning? If so what I do is roll out awning about a foot at a time and get a ladder, magic eraser and Simple Green. I use the awning tube as a backer so I can apply pressure. The long handle brush is easier but hard to apply pressure if needed.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning