Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2023, 05:21 PM   #21
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We bought our first Montana back in 2004. On the back of the brochure was a link to the Montana Owners Club. We went to the first rally and met some lifelong friends in September 2004. No other brand comes with the MOC. We have now owned four Montana’s over the years. We learned first (the same regardless of brand) that your dealer will determine if you are a happy or unhappy owner. By going to rallies we have met the leadership at Montana over the years. Contrary to what some would have you believe, they do care about their customers. Plus, the helpfulness, ingenuity and and knowledge base within the MOC is unmatched. So, we bought our first Montana because of the features and the subsequent ones because of the MOC.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:46 PM   #22
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
We chose ours for all the storage. But have since sold it to get a smaller travel trailer.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
We looked at a Montana back in 2014 but were not ready to buy. Years later we rented RVs to try out and we knew we wanted a 1 1/2 bath unit. We first started looking at DRV and Landmark 365. I really liked DRV but the DW didn't like the price. We then found a Redwood 3901MB. I was taken in by the luxury but the DW still didn't like the price. She convinced me to go back and look at Montana. IMHO the Montana was more utilitarian. However, it won me over with the amount of storage. I didn't find another RV with more places to stick stuff than the 3931FB. What finally convinced me was a youtube video of a guy showing that the only difference in price is design and luxury addons. The frame, axles, HWH, HVAC, etc. were all off the shelf. That sold me on Montana. We were getting the most bang for our buck. I'm glad I did. We bought new and it took me about 18 mos. full timing to work out all the bugs. It became very livable and easy to use with the mods I installed. If I did all over again (now) the only other manufacturer I'd look at is Grand Design. However, I don't think they engineer storage as good as Montana does. This forum has also been a lifesaver. The people here are friendly and want to help. They've made FTing a lot easier. Just my $0.02 worth.

I had a friend who had a small RV dealership. He always said ‘campers are like people once you get get the skin off there isn’t much difference in them.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #24
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
We bought our first Montana back in 2004. On the back of the brochure was a link to the Montana Owners Club. We went to the first rally and met some lifelong friends in September 2004. No other brand comes with the MOC. We have now owned four Montana’s over the years. We learned first (the same regardless of brand) that your dealer will determine if you are a happy or unhappy owner. By going to rallies we have met the leadership at Montana over the years. Contrary to what some would have you believe, they do care about their customers. Plus, the helpfulness, ingenuity and and knowledge base within the MOC is unmatched. So, we bought our first Montana because of the features and the subsequent ones because of the MOC.

The DRV have a totally stronger frame. We looked closely at those also and were just not up to the pricing level. We ended up getting a super deal at the dealer 4 miles away on the Montana. Their service has been very admirable. The only reason we sold the 3791RD was the size. Went with a 29' travel trailer and a F150 truck. Should have done that in the beginning, but did not take much of a loss after nearly 4 years of ownership.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:29 PM   #25
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Call Affinity in Goshen and ask them they work on all brands
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 06:13 PM   #26
1wayhighway
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30465
Been flying around this thread for a bit and finally decided to reply.

Did a Lot of shopping/looking at trailers/looking at specifications/spying on forums etc....even spent 2 days at the Tampa RV show comparing brands. Had a particular brand on mind but while walking through several built by that manufacture it became clear to us that they just did not have the fit and finish we were looking for.

Started looking at the same brand of travel trailer that we owned at the time (which we were very pleased with) and looked at the Monty's. Between the two brands they both checked all of the boxes.

After returning home from the Tampa show we went to another local show and was able to walk through all three brands that were on the top of the list. The Monty and the brand of our travel trailer bubbled to the top. Side by side and dollar for dollar we landed on the Monty.

I guess the features that made the decision were the fit and finish (the Montana is very well made), the price for the Legacy with full body paint and disc breaks just pushed it over the top for us (Mostly me but my DW really loves me). Dollar for dollar compared with other trailers of the same style and features we got more bang for our buck. The only bummer was the "parts shortage" that occurred which robbed us disc breaks, a big disappointment but they will get added at a latter date.

We are on our third long trip with trailer since purchasing (about 6000 miles total so far) and are very pleased with everything in the trailer. No regrets.

2022 3500 GMC Duramax
2022 3121 Montana
1wayhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 06:56 PM   #27
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
DW said “If you are gonna drag me around the country for months on end for your job - I have got to have a bath tub! I miss my bath tub!” Our travel trailers from years past had tiny bath tubs - BUT - they don’t put bath tubs in RVs anymore.

We went to the Fort Worth RV show and there it was - a Montana 3921FB with a full bath across the front. Besides the bath tub we liked everything about this unit. We bought it. Problem solved. Happy Wife Happy Life.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:40 PM   #28
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
I have owed 5 fifth wheels in the last 25 years, but my '04 3295RK is the first Montana I have owned. I was just browsing on CL one day and saw a 3295 for sale close to me. Went and looked at it but it was very used and abused, so I passed on it.

DW and I loved the floor plan (always been partial to RK's) so I set up a CL search for another one. A couple of months later one popped up about 150 miles away. We made a Saturday trip to go look at it. Private party was living in it while building a new home. It was in very nice shape, so we made him an offer and a couple of weeks later we went and picked it up.

So... I guess with us it was the floor plan. I plan in using it as a "snowbird" rig the first winter I am retired (2024) and see how the snowbird thing and the Montana work out. If I ever buy another rig, another Montana would sure be my first choice.
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 04:39 AM   #29
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
We started camping in a small Keystone Passport and did so for 6 years and never had any issues with it at all. When we upgraded to a 5th wheel, it was an easy decision to stay with Keystone so we purchased a Montana. We are now on our third camper and after a year of working out the bugs, we couldn't be more pleased with our 331RL. There is a reason Montana remained the top selling fifth wheel for so many years in a row. I still believe it is the best bang for your buck in the fifth wheel market.