Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
MOC Business Cards

WOW! Things sure have changed around here. I haven't posted since April 2, 2004! I have lurked and read whenever I could get a chance, actually we both have. Then the other day things slow down enough around here and I try and log on and suddenly I can't get access to the forum to save my life. Tried periodically for a couple of days and then what do you know but finally at 3:42 a.m. EST I can get on.

Of course I hit "Active Topics" and I have a gazillion of them since I last logged on. I think I have more to read than Steve Reigle mentioned in a post I read early this evening. That'll teach me not to log on for such a long period of time.

Anyways, the reason for my post...

...A long time ago someone mentioned business cards. Well, I designed some business cards last year during our trip to Montana to pass out to fellow Montana owners and campers in general we wanted to keep contact with. I had used a program called "Print Master" and since everyone probably doesn't have that program I figured they were most likely a pretty useless file to send to anyone. This evening, well morning, LOL I designed them again in a Word Document. They came out pretty good and there are three designs. Two that are meant to be used as the Front, one of which is generic to pass out to Montana Owners and leave on their campers doors to let them know about MOC and the other is personalized with our User Name, Real Names and E-mail address. Both of the designs include Karin Butler's logo design. The back of the cards contain the Mission Statement, Web Address for this forum and the E-mail Address for the Club.

I'd be happy to share them with anyone who'd like to use them. It would be easy to change the personal information to your own if you have Microsoft Office on your computer or Word. They may even transfer well with Microsoft Works if it's an XP or a relatively new version. Just print them on some card stock (you can get it pretty inexpensively at a chain office supply store) on both sides and then cut them along the lines and presto you have business cards. I use a rotary paper cutter but scissors will work too, especially if you have a steady hand.

So, if you'd like a copy sent to you in a download, just hit the envelope icon at the top of this post and e-mail us.

It's nice to be able to get back on here. Now I have to run and try to get some sleep after a soak in the hot tub for these weary old bones and muscles. Tomorrow I will try and reply to those threads I have something to contribute to. I really am embarrassed as my sister Montana Sue has been on here much more than I have.

(Gosh I just love these smiley icons.)

Have a great day everyone!

Patty/Samantha

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:12 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Samantha,

Welcome back! I hope you and RC are having a great summer and enjoying your Montana. Would it be possible to send a photo of the cards. I sure would like to see them.

It's great of you to offer to send you program. I will be getting Micro Office in a few months after I buy my new ibook. So I would be interested at that time.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Hi Patty, welcome back. Just yesterday I was looking down below at things for sale and saw you have your Montana for sale, any luck yet? Great pictures, cute granddaughter and pooch. Very nice Montana too.

I would love to see what you have done with the business cards... that's awesome. You can also buy actual business cards you print on from Avery, I forget the number but there are out there, I have some at home. They are perforated so you don't have to cut them.

squirts_mama@yahoo.com
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:08 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, that's what we do, too, with the cards Vicki designed. I can dig out the number if anyone wants it but they're pretty standard. The perforations are done in a way that when you separate the cards you cannot tell they were never individual cards. This is probably the same you're using.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hi Fla Native, Melissa & Mike, thanks for the welcome back. Life just gets so busy the best I can usually do is read here and rarely get the chance to post. I am really getting to post a lot his a.m. but heck I should get to bed. We're heading out for the weekend tomorrow. I'm so excited. It's been so long since I have camped I've been actually very cranky about it.

Fla Native, I will try and scan one so you can see them. I probably won't get to it until next week. Do you have Microsoft Works? I think perhaps they will show up on that program too. If you want to e-mail me your upcoming address I could actually send you a couple.

As far as a great summer, we've had record amounts of rain in May and now in June. They are predicting it will be that way most of the summer. Not the best camping weather. All though maybe we'll finally be able to see if we have any leaks. We have not been in a heavy rain while camping yet. Sure would be nice to know that there aren't any. I'm so sorry to read your having problems again with that issue. Your patience is remarkable and I admire you very much because of that. I aspire to be more like that.

Melissa, no we haven't sold the camper and actually have decided to hold off for a while if not indefinitely. This one is paid for and the newer ones have had some problems. Since ours has little to no problems at this point it seems unwise for us to change it at this time. I also rearranged the furniture and RC/Dick feels it is roomier now and is a bit more content.

Thank you for the compliments on the Montana and also the Grand Daughter. However I have to say I think the Montana is pale in comparison to Aleyah. She loves Grandma and Papa's camper, to her it's her own play house in our back yard. We have such a hard time keeping her out of there and when we do let her in, there isn't a corner, drawer or cabinet within her reach she isn't into!

She also always asks while it is in the back yard if the "bathroom" works. Of course she is referring to the commode. She seems to have a great fascination with it. I tell her every time, Aleyah you know it never works while it's in the backyard. I just know one of these days I am going to turn my back and she'll use it anyway.

Samantha
Old 06-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
RC and Samantha, thanks for the cards. I printed 30 of them before I left for our second trip in the 3670 and have passed out three of them allready. A 2002 3670 Big Sky just pulled in next to us here in Hammond, Or KOA camp ground and they never heard of the MOC club before. I gave them a card and won't be surprised if they join us.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:25 AM   #7
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'm still wondering how we get the cards.....
Old 06-28-2004, 04:47 AM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Melissa and Mike S, I sent RC and Samantha a email request and they responded very quickly. The cards look great and you can edit them to insert your named and email address.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #9
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thanks DHenry, I will do that!!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #10
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Just bumping this up in case someone else wants a copy of the files. We'll be on the road in a couple of days but I was able to send them on during our last little weekend jaunt. The upload just took 10 minutes instead of seconds.

Patty
Old 07-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Patty, send the files to me if you would and have time. We already have cards but I'd like to see your ideas. When time, no hurry.
Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #12
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
Patty, Thanks for sending me the files. They are GREAT!! Will make a bunch and pass them out. Put 4000+ miles on the old TT in the last month. Saw quite a few Montanas and not one of them heard of MOC.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #13
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Can someone please send me the image of the MOC business card RC & Samantha mentioned. I tried to contact them awhile back, but no response.

Thanks,
Don
dmoore@snowcrest.net
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:27 AM   #14
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I just sent them to you.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

Can someone please send me the image of the MOC business card RC & Samantha mentioned. I tried to contact them awhile back, but no response.

Thanks,
Don
dmoore@snowcrest.net
Old 08-17-2004, 05:38 AM   #15
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Melissa,

Thanks for the attempt, but for some reason I didn't receive it.

Don
Old 08-17-2004, 05:58 AM   #16
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Don,
Make sure you've got your email program set to accept attachments and links. Depending what you're using and how you have it set it may not let some of that stuff thru. Just a thought. HamRad

PS... we hope to roll into town about 3 or so. We are getting together at Casa Ramos. I'm sure you know exactly where it is. Watch us on the "Where are we?" feature to follow our progress. Ok... see you later. Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:15 AM   #17
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Thanks Malissa, I finally got it and they look great.

Don
Old 08-17-2004, 06:38 AM   #18
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Hi Don,
Make sure you've got your email program set to accept attachments and links. Depending what you're using and how you have it set it may not let some of that stuff thru. Just a thought. HamRad

PS... we hope to roll into town about 3 or so. We are getting together at Casa Ramos. I'm sure you know exactly where it is. Watch us on the "Where are we?" feature to follow our progress. Ok... see you later. Dennis and Mary Kay
Dennis,

Thanks for the info on the attachments. For some reason it finally showed up without changing anything.

Looks like your not moving yet, but we'll keep an eye on you throughtout the day and look forward to your arrival.

My wife just suggested Casa Ramos as place for dinner this morning, so it's fine with us.

You'll get into smoke in northern part of the valley from the fires in Redding. According to the morning news The Bear fire west of I/5 just south of Shasta Lake is 95% contained, but the French Gulch fire which broke out 2 days ago east on Hwy 299 near Whiskeytown Lake is in excess of 9000 acres and only 15% contaied.

We're watching and it looks as though you haven't hit the road yet. Hope you have a tailwind all the way up. Wait, that means we'll have smoke from the fires here again today!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:42 AM   #19
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I should have read all the way thru the message BEFORE I sent it again! LOL Oh well, you got it again with the font too.