Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #1
Dane
Established Member

M.O.C. #751
Have Sound But No DVD Picture

We have a 2004 2995RL with the DVD, TV, home theater combo. Up until a couple days ago we've not had a problem watching a DVD movie. This weekend, when trying to play a movie, all I could get was movie sound - no picture. I switched to the from the TV setting to video 1, video 2, video 3, and colar streaming - all with no picture. I switched from channel 3 to channel 4 and back in all of these modes.

To those of you who have mastered this technology - am I missing something obvious? I've wondered if perhaps the video cable behind the DVD player or TV became unconnected.

Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
Dane,
Your not missing anything the DVD is broke... I took my unit into the dealer, and they pulled, punched, shook all the cables, and then told me they would contact Keystone to see what could possible be the problem, of coarse I said let's pull a DVD out of a new trailer, and see if it works, guess what, it did, the service guy agreed that my unit was bad, he started pulling it out, and I said don't you dare, leave it. I'll take this one. They were going to order me one, and it would take 2-3 weeks, I'm leaving in one week for a 3 week vacation. I won. My DVD never worked, and I picked up my 3400 the middle of June. Go get em, and good luck
Old 08-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the posting. Sounds like a good solution. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Did you hit the little DVD/TV button on the remote? It is at the far left on the bottom row. We had the same problem just this weekend when I hit the button and there it was. There are so many buttons and controls it is easy to get confused. We have only used ours a couple of times and we have to remind ourselves what does what.

On the same subject, does anyone know how to enlarge the widescreen picture on the TV? If you have a widescreen DVD it is a skinny picture. We have this on our home TV and just assumed the TV in the trailer would do the same thing.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Be sure that you have the TV remote switched from TV to DVD, if this isn't done you will get only sound and not a picture. When using our system, too much trouble to do all the programming as has been posted, because every time you disconnect from Electricity, you lose your programming. Just turn on the power button, open the dvd drawer, slide in the DVD, turn on the TV and press the TV/DVD button and you should get a picture. If not, you may have a mechanical problem.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:51 AM   #6
Dane
Established Member

M.O.C. #751
Is the TV/DVD button on the TV remote? If so, mine says TV/VIDEO on the lower left side. I've tried that button repeatedly. It toggles me through (4) black labeled "video 1"," video 2", "video 3", and "colorstream" screens. If the TV/DVD button is on the DVD controller then I've missed something. I'll check my controllers again carefully.
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote