Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #1
Andreas

M.O.C. #31736
Need Tank heights for 2019 3120RL to install new Tank level system

Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to ask for some help / advice.

I did bought a used 2019 Montana 3120RL with the legacy package. Overall quite happy and didn't have had any major issues yet. The nagging problem is that the factory installed tank sensors are kind of useless. The prior owner claimed that they never really worked and I believe him. I checked all waste water tanks and they are clean but the sensors to show various levels, specially the black tank claims always to be nearly full. We check it with an endoscopic camera and is was in realty empty. I'm no the way to buy a Garnet 709-4 SeeLevel II 4 Tank. It would be helpful if someones knows the height of the holding tanks as Garnet sells various sensors depending on the height. From the factory video it looks like that the as long and wide but not high. Appreciate any answer and I will try to marriage the SeeLevel system with the CAN bus to use the inCommand Display to see the levels. I will report about the success of failure.

Andreas

Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Andreas,

Welcome to the forum! If you search the forum you will find previous threads on tank sensors. Most of us do not look at the level indicators and just empty our tanks on a schedule.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 05:32 PM   #3
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
We just spent 3 days with no water or sewer hook up. When dumping, I would speculate about 10 to 15 gallons of waste water came from the black tank. Arguably so, we were conserving water (this was our first outing under these conditions) but I also released a lot more water from the water storage tank than I expected. We really should have used more water when flushing the toilet. That being said, AZ is right, learn the limits over time and dump regularly. My black tank shows 3/4 full all the time.
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:19 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to ask for some help / advice.

I did bought a used 2019 Montana 3120RL with the legacy package. Overall quite happy and didn't have had any major issues yet. The nagging problem is that the factory installed tank sensors are kind of useless. The prior owner claimed that they never really worked and I believe him. I checked all waste water tanks and they are clean but the sensors to show various levels, specially the black tank claims always to be nearly full. We check it with an endoscopic camera and is was in realty empty. I'm no the way to buy a Garnet 709-4 SeeLevel II 4 Tank. It would be helpful if someones knows the height of the holding tanks as Garnet sells various sensors depending on the height. From the factory video it looks like that the as long and wide but not high. Appreciate any answer and I will try to marriage the SeeLevel system with the CAN bus to use the inCommand Display to see the levels. I will report about the success of failure.

Andreas
Unfortunately, the SeeLevel system will not work with the InCommand system, so if you do decide to install the level system, you will have to install the SeeLevel panel that monitors their level sensors. We've been full time in our Montana for 11 years and don't even look at the level indicators and get along just fine. Welcome to the forum.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:00 AM   #5
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
I installed the sea-level system in my 3230CK. The tanks are about 8 or 9 inches tall.
Go with the shorter sensors. They have markings on them to cut to length .
To set the position on the fresh water tank, I used the waterpump till it sputtered, then test fit the sensor to zero.
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:25 AM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
With In-Command, you have the option of running new telephone wire (inexpensive) or cutting the in command wires. We ran new wire. You will love the SeaLevel.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3120rl, height, holding tank, new tank level system