Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2022, 07:38 AM   #1
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Speaking of fuel costs...

Anyone bought diesel lately?
Having recently arrived at our current location, I decided last week that I should top off the tanks as I was watching crude prices climb.
Checked gas buddy and three places nearby were all priced at $3.89. Got to the first place and a tanker was there unloading, and the price had jumped to $3.99. Went a mile down the road and to the second station and the price on the sign was still good but at the pump it was also $3.99. The third place across the street was still good and the pump hadn't jumped yet, so I quickly got the nosel in the tank and filled her up.
Fast forward two days and drove by the same place and it was now $4.19. Drove by yesterday and OMG, it's now $4.79. Across the street it's now $4.39 and I've seen one place at $4.99. Usually every station around (and there are many) are all within a nickel but now prices are all over the place.
Only bright side is my Exxon stock is soaring. Fortunately, we're parked for the next six months.