Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Trailer Aide Plus

Does anyone know if the Trailer Aide Plus that gives an additional 1" lift can be used on the Montana's with the Morryde suspension suspension. I don't know if can lift the trailer high enough with the way the springs are configured.

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:41 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
With our rig, which has the same suspension, I can put the leveling system into manual mode and push the rear button and get all four tires fully off the ground without any other blocks. I did that several years ago in Coos Bay, OR at the spring rally when I had the disc brakes installed. It was up in the air two days while Bill the installer did the work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new disc brakes.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	11857  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:22 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Just thinking out loud here about the wedges you pull up on with your RV to help change a tire. There's always a lot of lively discussion on the MOC about concerns on how things are done. For instance, some of us have always had considerable pushback on jacking by placing the jack underneath the axle in between the spring u-bolts. I think the wedges are great for smaller trailers say around 6,000 lb, not so much for our heavier rvs. It seems odd to me that no one frets about near doubling the weight on the axle sitting on the wedge while you do the task at hand on the tire hanging in free air. Yes I know, some of you that use the wedges have had just as much success as me with my jack between the spring u-bolts. I'm just trying to figure out why near doubling the weight on a given axle even for a short period of time seems to have no fret factor. Like mention previous though, if you have a level up system, why not just use that?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote