Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
jdereu

M.O.C. #29250
Protectant Wax

SO I just picked up a 2020 and the fiberglass is in great condition. I want to keep it that way because buffing a 40' rv doesnt sound fun. Has anyone had any luck with a particular product? I used Turtle Wax Ceramic coating on the front cap but now looking for something for the fiberglass sides..

jdereu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
If I wonted to keep it nice I would look into ceramic coating. It has all the advantages, protecting, years long life, but it isn’t cheap. If you do it yourself it probably isn’t that expensive. I had my F150 done and so far it is everything it’s billed to be. It makes washing easier and beads water much better than any wax.
It’s supposed to last 9 years, we will see.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
Jeff n Susan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25636
I use the F11 Top coat. Once a year I apply it. Doing it once a year gives me the chance to closely inspect the surfaces for any existing defects, and those that possibly could be prevented. It is expensive, but so is the rig.
Jeff n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I use Zephyr products. Their spray polish/wax and their spray ceramic coating works fabulous. I've tried many other products, and the Zephyr is truly a no buff. Works fantastic. The Zephyr product line can be purchased on Amazon, and they get top marks in the review section. Just another suggestion to the zillion of detailing products out there. My trailer has an awesome shine to it, and when washed, it just beads right off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3985.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	9927  
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:45 PM   #5
jdereu

M.O.C. #29250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
I use Zephyr products. Their spray polish/wax and their spray ceramic coating works fabulous. I've tried many other products, and the Zephyr is truly a no buff. Works fantastic. The Zephyr product line can be purchased on Amazon, and they get top marks in the review section. Just another suggestion to the zillion of detailing products out there. My trailer has an awesome shine to it, and when washed, it just beads right off.
Got an amazon link?
jdereu is offline   Reply With Quote