Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
Jeff & Gail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23908
Dead AGM batteries

Left trailer in Yuma out in sun using 2 solar panels to keep my 6 volt, 210 amp each, AGM batteries charged. Batteries are two years old. Had a rv port built and they moved my trailer under out of the sun. Plugged into 50 amp shorepower with battery switch on. 2 months later I'm here and batteries are flat dead. I cannot get into trailer as a support pole blocks the way, i did look thru ladder to fuse block and it appears no breaker has popped. Tried 15 amp charge with new smart battery charger and cannot get a charge started, the battery charger senses a bad battery. Im running a 6 amp maintainer hoping to get batteries to start taking charge.
1. Short of a set of new batteries how can i get jacks to move to allow moving the trailer?
2. Other than maybe two weeks at quartzite this trailer is staying under cover and connected to shorepower. Is one large 12 volt enough?
3. Any thought on the problem?
Jeff & Gail is offline   Reply With Quote