Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
rschaz64
Established Member

M.O.C. #25762
Well, finally pulled the trigger on a 3761fl...

Hello, All.

Brand new to this sight and this is my first post...

Well, DW and I finally pulled the trigger on a new 2020 Montana 3761FL about 10 days ago...and then Coronavirus hit! :-(

We fell in love with this floor plan first time we saw it and spent six months looking at MANY other units to make sure this was what we wanted. We really liked the Modern Maple color scheme and abundance of room in this unit. Just wish we could use it...or even go see it again! We found a good deal, did our due diligence, and wrote a check on the 14th. Now we have to wait. Oh well, gives me something to look forward to!

Anyone else out there with this model/floorplan? I already have questions!

Looking forward to chatting with many of you!

Take care, Stay safe!

Rick & Jeanne

rschaz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Hey Rick,
Welcome and congrads on the new Montana. DW and I are in the same boat. We were to take delivery on ours in 5 days. Just found out the trasport has not delivered our unit as of today. But we will have it soon. Again welcome to the MOC and best wishes with your new 1.

Charlie
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
Jeff n Susan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25636
Yesirrrr, In the boat here too. We just got word our 330RL was ready to be shipped, and the virus hit Now I am just sitting and dreaming.... Good luck with your new unit!
Jeff n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Myers View Post
Yesirrrr, In the boat here too. We just got word our 330RL was ready to be shipped, and the virus hit Now I am just sitting and dreaming.... Good luck with your new unit!
We have the same truck and the same camper!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 PM   #5
G & S Russell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25774
Welcome to the MOC! Hope you get your new Montana soon. Safe travels when you do.
South Bend Flywheel and Clutch, Loadlifter 5000 Rear Air Bag Kit
G & S Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Welcome to the MOC. Happy Trails to you.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! May your new rig bring you many years of wonderful memories.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #8
PhilandRudee
Established Member

M.O.C. #25562
New to us 3750FL here. We found it lightly used and purchased it in January of this year. We fell in love with this floor plan several years ago and have been waiting for the right time in our lives to pull the trigger. This is our second Montana with a Class A diesel Pusher in between. Glad to be back among our MOC friends. I can try to answer questions for you but we are also fairly new to this model too.
PhilandRudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:45 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and welcome to the forum..
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #10
vacationer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22355
Up in Canada well in Ontario we are not getting any new trailers do to border closed. There saying we wont even have campgrounds open until mid summer. Public washrooms need to be open before they can use the parks. And with all the shutdowns no sense anyways. Stay safe
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Congrats on the new "camper" ... um ... or should I say Taj Mahal on wheels!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #12
Blackshadow
Established Member

M.O.C. #14521
Send a message via AIM to Blackshadow Send a message via MSN to Blackshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Blackshadow
Enjoy

Congrats and enjoy!
We purchased 2014 model and people still try to purchase it from us!
Right now its sitting sung in Florida and waiting till the end of April to head home.
Outdoor entertainment works great for sitting in the sunshine, soaking up virus killing UV rays.
Travel safe.
Blackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:07 PM   #13
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschaz64 View Post
Hello, All.

Well, DW and I finally pulled the trigger on a new 2020 Montana 3761FL about 10 days ago...and then Coronavirus hit! :-(

We fell in love with this floor plan first time we saw it and spent six months looking at MANY other units to make sure this was what we wanted. We really liked the Modern Maple color scheme and abundance of room in this unit. Just wish we could use it...or even go see it again! We found a good deal, did our due diligence, and wrote a check on the 14th. Now we have to wait. Oh well, gives me something to look forward to!

Take care, Stay safe!

Rick & Jeanne

Welcome!
Run the slides out in the driveway and camp out for a week or so. Don't cheat don't go in the house for anything. By the end of the week you'll have a list as long as your arm for your dealership to fix. You'll be miles ahead of the game right off the bat. ENJOY!!

Mark
Old 03-29-2020, 05:14 AM   #14
rschaz64
Established Member

M.O.C. #25762
Thanks for the good suggestion, Mark. Unfortunately, I still need to get a tow vehicle for this thing. (My F-150 just ain’t gonna cut it! LOL).
I am having the dealer haul it out to my permanent camp site and hope that whatever goes wrong will be things I can fix. (I am OK when it comes to fixing stuff.)
I’d be happy just to go play in it on his lot right now, but they’re closed like most other places.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #15
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If you are taking your new camper to a "permanent" campsite, I doubt you'll have very many problems with it. The problem with the new Montana's is, although they strongly advertise they are 4 season, and are good us use to zero degrees, yada, yada, yada....

The fact is, yes... they are designed for full-time living. But they are NOT designed for full-time TRAVELING. They somehow have a way of falling apart, things break loose, and things crumble and disintegrate, screws break out, and shelves break if you actually travel in them. Don't ask me how I know.... Well, go ahead and ask. But I think you know already.

After rebuilding the camper, strengthening, fixing shelves, getting new doors and tires, well, about the last 9 months nothing has fallen apart since. And we travel a lot.

So, if yours is going to be stationary, it will serve you well for a long, long time with minimal failure points. However, if you plan on traveling eventually, before hitting the road, get new tires at a bare minimum! Mine blew after only about 4 months of ownership along an Interstate, somewhere in Tennessee.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:48 PM   #16
rschaz64
Established Member

M.O.C. #25762
Thanks for the info., DutchenSport.
DW and I kinda figured that we might not experience breaks and malfunctions to the same degree as those of you lucky enough to travel around our great country! (As you mentioned, there is a lot less "bouncing around" when your stationary!)

Unfortunately, DW and I still have to work for 5 more years (assuming we still have jobs when this pandemic is over!) and then we can contemplate travel. In the interim, we have a very nice campsite in a wonderful campground! I will, however, use these next few years to learn all I can about the Montana's, 5th wheels and tow vehicles!

Thanks, again, and Stay Safe!

Rick
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #17
Dmelvin
Established Member

M.O.C. #25121
Congratulations we moved into the same unit New Years Eve. What is your question? We turned our 1/2 bath into a laundry room.
Dmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #18
Speck56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25158
Got our 3761FL in Nov, but had to wait for our new truck due to the GM strike. Now we have both and time but....same as you. Stuck inside. We LOVE the floorplan also. Stay in touch.

2020 3761FL
2020 GMC SIERRA 3500hd Dually diesel
Speck56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #19
Petsvet

M.O.C. #24583
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschaz64 View Post
Hello, All.

Take care, Stay safe!

Rick & Jeanne
We have a 2019 3761FL that we bought in June, 2019. We love it and have spent seven months in it so far. We've taken it out west to Wyoming and Montana and spent the winter in Florida. Only one problem so far. Our washer/dryer is installed in our closet but we discovered that it drains into the black tank in the small bathroom. Be sure to empty the tank before washing clothes. We learned the hard way.
Petsvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #20
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Our 2019.5 Montana 3761FL will be a year old in 23 days! Forget about the tire suggestion above, it came with Sailun tire, the best on the road! We have pulled it about 11,000 miles and spent 170 nights in it. I found 3 things wrong since purchasing;
1 cap lights quit and not at the switch or panel
2 furnace vents not getting air (2)
3 rear tail lights ~ after finding water in 1 a recall letter was received about some. One backup light does not work.
I have an appointment in 2 days if the dealer is still open. If not the letter stated Keystone would send the light to me and I'll have my mobile tech take care of those items and eat the cost.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote