Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #41
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
By the numbers a little over one person in 100 have been confirmed with covid19. Many of those with no symptoms and no need for hospitalization. And a little over 4 people in 10,000 have died. Based on a US population of 331 million plus. Percentage wise those are small numbers and not surprising any given person would not directly know someone infected or deceased from it.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #42
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A friend and co-worker of 40 years got hit by it and passed. Of course he was in the older, more vulnerable age group. Then there in the neighborhood church that held indoor services with 130+ attendees and over 35 tested positive and wound up in the ER.I know 2 of them. It is happening.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #43
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Some people don’t believe this is a serious problem some think the numbers are inflated some believe deflated. Some don’t believe man ever went to the moon. Some people believe Johnson had Kennedy killed. You can’t prove a conspiracy or disprove one. No matter what the evidence there is no need to discuss this with the doubters.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:17 AM   #44
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I know 2 people who have had it. Both have recovered. One, 68 years old said it was pretty uncomfortable. Compared it to the flu only added the dry cough and lost his sense of taste. The other 48 years old very healthy. Worse illness she had ever experienced. Besides all the known symptoms the breathing part was the worse. Never was hospitalize but on 4 different nights was awakened by her inability to breath.
I know this is real. Highly contagious. For this discussion, could care less if it's a conspiracy because the fact remains it is here and must be dealt with. People in at risk groups, and I'm one of them, need to head warnings and take precautions.
I never accepted numbers without understanding what makes up those numbers. It has been widely reported what it takes to be considered a Covid death. I have 3 close friends that are MD's. Two work in hospitals one in private practice. They all have first hand experience with the virus. They all agree that the virus is dangerous, complicated, and an evolving learning experience for their profession. While they all agree some people have died exclusively of Covid, none of them agree that number to be anywhere close to 140,000.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #45
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
To me it doesn't matter if it's 140K or one, if I happen to be that ONE.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #46
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
We have bypassed 3 funerals of friends who have passed during this epidemic just to avoid the social gathering. None of these friends died from the virus but all were elderly and most of those attending would have also been elderly and susceptible to this virus if exposed. Felt bad about not attending but I think they would understand .
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #47
LisaC3500
Established Member

M.O.C. #26336
Masks or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?
We're at the end of a 14 state trip and what we've seen is a mixed bag in each state. It honestly depends on what state you're in. As we drove west from VA, more people were wearing masks in rest areas and gas stations. We saw a lot of truckers wearing them.
Cody, Wyoming, area didn't recognize social distancing or face masks at all. Some of the stores had employees wearing masks, but not all. Restaurants were open and people were going about business as usual.
While we were in Custer, SD, there were signs on the doors that you had to have a mask to enter. The majority of the people walking along the streets had masks on. Again, restaurants were open.
The worst for me personally was Tennessee. We stopped by the Smokies and both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg were like a carnival. Although TN had signs saying the gov ordered face masks, I'd guess less than half were wearing them and at times the sidewalks were packed with people.
For the most part, national parks were requiring masks, the visitor centers were closed, no tours, etc.. Rangers were there to answer questions but 3/5 we stopped at had awnings outside as the buildings were locked. Many shops around the parks had one way in and out that were clearly marked.
These are just a couple of the areas I can recall. It was frustrating for me personally, because when we left VA we were still under self-isolation orders or whatever they called it.
On the trip, we wore masks all the time and only did quick grocery stops to resupply. We were pretty picky when we had take out.
2017 Ram 3500HD Laramie, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4, SRW
LisaC3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #48
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We are noticing the same thing as LisaC3500. We live in the western part of the state. We don’t have much Covid here YET. People are using mask more all the time especially in the larger stores which I don’t go in. In the small stores not so much.

What else is happening is help wonted sings are everywhere. From small business to large ones. Kroger distribution Medico, they make the best pad locks in the world, McDonalds. It seams everybody is hiring.
Lynwood
Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #49
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We met a couple who live nearby at a wedding in November. Same age as us--early 70's. Today, both got Covid and he is dead. Just another fact. Treat it as you might.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #50
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
When you see refrigerated trailers to store bodies you should know there is serious problem.
Lynwood
Old 07-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #51
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
I read a story online which stated that the number of deaths in various provinces in Canada overall were quite a bit higher than average for the same period in the past five years. When they subtracted the number of Covid deaths from those numbers, there was still a discrepancy. The scientists figure it’s a combination of several factors: unreported Covid deaths, domestic violence, and delayed medical procedures due to Covid. The last two being indirect results of Covid. More domestic violence resulted from quarantine.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #52
Glamper

M.O.C. #26745
I heard on the news yesterday that Covid is now the 3rd leading cause of death in Florida, behind heart attacks and cancer.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #53
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Locally, and this week we are seeing a pretty big upswing of Covid cases. This is being attributed to the July 4th weekend and too many people congregating without a mask or social distancing. Ten to 14 days or so later, people are getting sick then deciding a test needs to be done. I'm hoping that the new reported caes goes back down in a few days

We bought takeout from a local restaurant - not a good place. Zero social distancing and zero masks and worse, I had to go inside the place to pick up the food. They were reported but only got a wrist slap since they kinda met regulations but suspect that their business method has changed (yes, I'm well aware you can't eat/drink with a mask but you can be sensible, not gather in groups)

Currently there are 39 states that NY has barred travelers from entering. According to reports, there are occasional highway stops and your 'fine' is 14 days quarantine. So, what that says, don't come to NY State unless you are coming from a non listed state. If you are arriving by way of public transportation, you need to fill out a document and also face a 14 day isolation. The fine for avoiding that is $2000 to $5000
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #54
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Good for NY.
Lynwood
Old 07-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #55
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
.......I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?....... I just want to know ho"! Are things as bad as they say? Do any of you know anyone who got the virus, and maybe even someone who died from it?
I'm in SWFL in a county with 1500 cases and 86 deaths. While cases are going up fast, deaths are not, because hospitals are better at treating it now as opposed to Feb/Mar. Many people are not taking it seriously, and many refuse to wear masks. Social distancing is not being followed much. I take it seriously and do everything we can to minimize contact, but it's difficult. OTOH, we don't personally know anyone who's gotten it.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #56
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
We live in Canada, but have travelled extensively in the U.S. We have wintered in Florida for the past twelve winters. Of course the border is now closed, so we will camp in our own province.

I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?

I have been in touch with someone I know in Florida and she tells me things are business as usual down there, with no one paying it much attention. This is a state which is the epicenter of the country for the virus!

I don't want any political discussions. I just want to know how things really are. We get the news up here, but I just would like to know what the people are saying, not just the journalists. One article I read stated "Not only is the genie out of the bottle, there is no longer bottle"! Are things as bad as they say? Do any of you know anyone who got the virus, and maybe even someone who died from it?
I am not at all sure the border will be open this fall. I have not heard a credible report of a vaccine being ready before mid-June next year and that is 5 years early.We now have plan B, plan C, and plan D. Our original plan was a 365 day tour of west coast to Nfld to Jacksonville to the US SW and up the coast to home. The departure for that was July 2021. Plan B was a May departure across Canada as far as Nfld and back with no US part but the east coast bubble negates that. Then we were looking at Yukon and northern BC. I just found out the Yukon border was closed until recently and travel within BC was also banned until recently. A second wave will likely bring those restrictions again so we wait and see. Good luck.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #57
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Central Florida: I own an RV lot in Titusville, Brevard County on the east coast. Everything here is fine with all of the businesses open just wear a mask in most of them. We were only closed for about 30 days and if you are under 65 with no special medical conditions you are as safe as anywhere.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #58
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Old people and people with other health problems get the flu too and they don’t die as often as people with Covid.
Lynwood
I’m not sure about that. More 25-49 year olds going out with it here.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #59
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Some people don’t believe this is a serious problem some think the numbers are inflated some believe deflated. Some don’t believe man ever went to the moon. Some people believe Johnson had Kennedy killed. You can’t prove a conspiracy or disprove one. No matter what the evidence there is no need to discuss this with the doubters.
Lynwood
Motorcycle accident, guy had his brains on the highway. Just 1 Covid disproved. Friends mother had a heart attack and died. He had the death certificate changed to that from Covid as she dohave it. Just another Covid disproved. Wife’s friend died of cancer- another Covid but husband doesn’t care as she is gone.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #60
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Locally, and this week we are seeing a pretty big upswing of Covid cases. This is being attributed to the July 4th weekend and too many people congregating without a mask or social distancing. Ten to 14 days or so later, people are getting sick then deciding a test needs to be done. I'm hoping that the new reported caes goes back down in a few days

We bought takeout from a local restaurant - not a good place. Zero social distancing and zero masks and worse, I had to go inside the place to pick up the food. They were reported but only got a wrist slap since they kinda met regulations but suspect that their business method has changed (yes, I'm well aware you can't eat/drink with a mask but you can be sensible, not gather in groups)

Currently there are 39 states that NY has barred travelers from entering. According to reports, there are occasional highway stops and your 'fine' is 14 days quarantine. So, what that says, don't come to NY State unless you are coming from a non listed state. If you are arriving by way of public transportation, you need to fill out a document and also face a 14 day isolation. The fine for avoiding that is $2000 to $5000
Who goes to NY? Why?