Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2021, 03:39 AM   #1
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Who's the expert on cable slides

2019 Montana High Country 331RL

Our kitchen slide extends out very normal until the very end of the run. As it stops when it gets close to the outside wall, it seems the top front corner pulls out more at the very end when the other 3 corners have stopped. The result when you go outside is the kitchen slide is sitting on an angle to the rig with the top front extended out about 3/4" more than the other three corners.

My question is can this be adjusted to have all four corners stop at the same time so the slide is square and even to the rig? If so what is the adjustment process?

I know YouTube has videos on adjusting slide cables but that is mostly for loose cables. All of my cables are tight when both opened and closed. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Are all eight cables tight? If not feeling comfortable are reviewing you tube, find a mobile tech to take a look. With the slide in, get a stool and look at the pulleys on top left/right and makes sure they are not coming loose, been there-no fun
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:54 PM   #3
5acresofchaos
Established Member

M.O.C. #29489
I had this problem on my last money waster on wheels, the problem was not that the cable needed tightened it was the other needed less tension. Pull too much on one corner and the other cannot keep up.
2019 F350 SRW
5acresofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #4
L0veless
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19132
Send a message via AIM to L0veless
all cables should not be tight. when its deployed all the way the "in" cable should have about 1/2 play when retracted all the way the same thing "out" cable. this is from the Manufacturer NOT Montana. sounds like your are a little cocked side ways. each cable attaches to a corner. bring the slide in a bit then adjust that cable. example: right corner going out tighten the right cable marked "out". by tightening it, it will close sooner. open and close couple time for things to sync up. it can be overwhelming at first but its really pretty easy. also make sure your "trucks" are vertical so they pass each other and not get hooked up. that will pull your motor out of the wall. good luck with this.