Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #21
quilterpat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12889
We just received the same letter and have had their plan for 21 years We will be looking for a new plan when ours expires

quilterpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:46 PM   #22
craigb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14426
Good Sam isn't that good

I've had Good Sam for many years and had to use them 5 or six times from tires to lock-out. Everytime was a worse experience than the last. Since we're on the road things happen in the middle of nowhere a lot and they always wanted to know the address I was at. Once was 40 miles east of Indio on I-10 where my 5th wheel lost a wheel. Wanted an address! Put me in touch with repair in Banning, three cities and 50 miles away. Blow out in Wyoming, service was six hours away and I was in a town. Anyway, you get the picture. Good Sam doesn't seem to have their own network. Switch to Coachnet or AAA save the headache.
craigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #23
Nat_Park_Travelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21914
AAA was horrible for us and we canceled it. They sent a guy out to fix a flat we didn't have. The 4WD hub (manual) had come loose. The guy pulled the tire and asked for the spare, when I asked why he needed the spare he said to fix the flat. That was the last time used AAA (on top of being expensive) - felt bad for the guy, he didn't know because dispatch told him the wrong information.

As far as GS - we used them 1 time in a small town in SW Tennessee and they had somebody there (to fix a flat we actually had) in about 20 minutes. I'll hang on to GS and our insurance roadside.
Nat_Park_Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #24
Biker bill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24657
FMCA I believe is just for motorhomes
Biker bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #25
Nat_Park_Travelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker bill View Post
FMCA I believe is just for motorhomes
They changed that a while back and now includes all RVs.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:47 AM   #26
Biker bill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24657
Good to know, I sold my motorhome a couple years ago but still have my placards. Maybe I can re join and put them on my montana 5er
Biker bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #27
Nat_Park_Travelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21914
Yeah they had voted on it last year sometime and voted to include all RVs - not sure what the pricing is, but you might want to check it out.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #28
Richcart
Established Member

M.O.C. #22427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
I'm intrigued by Escapees. I hadn't heard anything about them until this thread but they seem to have a pretty comprehensive plan and a lot of stated benefits. Does anyone else have any experience with them?

We started full time last May. We sold our home so Allstate would no longer cover us. We went with Escapees from the information we heard at their March rally last year. It was $99 year for all vehicles. When we received our cards it only mentioned the Montana as covered. We called them and were told since our truck was a super duty, we had to have a separate policy for it; another $99. We haven't had to use them so we have no experience on their quality of work. This May we will be looking at other options for full timers.
Richcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #29
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
We got the notice from GS and it went straight to the shredder. We use our regular SF insurance and package the Montana with that policy and save a bundle over GS insurance. As far as truck towing, tire changing, etc. our extendeded truck warranty covers that. So, we are moving over to Coach-Net for RV towing, etc. Great Tip, thank you.
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:14 AM   #30
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcart View Post
We started full time last May. We sold our home so Allstate would no longer cover us. We went with Escapees from the information we heard at their March rally last year. It was $99 year for all vehicles. When we received our cards it only mentioned the Montana as covered. We called them and were told since our truck was a super duty, we had to have a separate policy for it; another $99. We haven't had to use them so we have no experience on their quality of work. This May we will be looking at other options for full timers.
I have a 5 yr roadside assistance that was included with my 2017 F350. The way the card looked I thought it came from Ford. You should have that.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:56 AM   #31
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
We have CW GS Standard Roadside assistance plan. Last year, we had to use it for Monty 2 blown tires on a Sunday night after 7 pm. Good Sam sent Goodyear Commercial tire dealer within an hour. I just looked at the GS RA online. They still insure 5th wheels https://www.goodsamroadside.com
Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #32
bigdawgfinley
Established Member

M.O.C. #22520
We switched to AAA after being stranded on 14 freeway in LA with broken spring for 8 hours. Finally had to chain up the axle myself and limped in for service. Might check out coachnet as well.
bigdawgfinley is offline   Reply With Quote