Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
nzak

M.O.C. #33193
295rl entertainment glass

Our entertainment glass cover between tv and fireplace won’t stay closed. Contacted Keystone and they told me to find some type of clip to help keep it closed. I told them should be a warranty issue since trailer is only 6 months old.
Anyone else having this problem?

nzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzak View Post
Our entertainment glass cover between tv and fireplace won’t stay closed. Contacted Keystone and they told me to find some type of clip to help keep it closed. I told them should be a warranty issue since trailer is only 6 months old.
Anyone else having this problem?
Yep I had this issue also. The hole is bigger then the glass. The magnet isn't positioned properly. You can adjust the metal contact plate on the glass to make better contact with the magnet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entertainment Glass.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	15217  
Old 08-17-2023, 10:50 AM   #3
nzak

M.O.C. #33193
Magnetic adjustment

I have adjusted the magnetic contact, was wondering if a second magnetic assembly might help more.
nzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #4
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Looking at Foldbak’s picture, it looks like the hinges are on the bottom so that the glass flips down. If that’s the case, seems a second catch could do the trick if you need more holding power.

Interesting that the glass flips up on our 2021 3231CK. It stays shut with the magnetic catch but you have to hold the glass up when accessing the space.

We also saw some newer models where the glass is eliminated.
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 12:57 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I think I have seen that several folks on this forum have flipped the glass around from "top hinged" to "bottom hinge".
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:51 PM   #6
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We flipped ours (Hinges on bottom) so it opens downward. It kept coming open while traveling so I put Velcro on the corners to hold it closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entertainment glass velcro 3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	15231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entertainment glass velcro 1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	15232  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 06:59 PM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Mine is hinged from the bottom. But when traveling it would fall open. That wasn't good considering this is a front living room model and both opposing slides slide right in front of the entertainment center. Actually, when the glass door flips down, it touches the retracted slides... not good.

I did try adjusting the magnets and the metal clips on the glass. That did not work either. It kept flipping open. I finally came up with the solution in the photo below. I used a gold color and a gold colored dry wall screw. I left the swinging catch loose enough it swings freely and gravity holds it in the downward position. No problem opening the door. I've done it so much now, I don't even thing about swinging my catch to one side or the other.

I installed this in the first 2 week so ownership. It's worked good ever since. So, there's never been any desire to improve it more.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote