Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
FireslayerDave

M.O.C. #24066
Montana Body Parts Supplier?

Has anyone had any luck locating some original new parts for their Montana other than from Trekwoods? I have to purchase some lower skirting and a couple of trim pieces, Trekwoods lists them available on their site, but I only need about 44" of skirting and they list their shortest piece at about 16' long. I cannot imagine what the shipping might be for that. I was just wondering if there may be some other options as far as suppliers so that I may have some options to compare. Thank you very much.

FireslayerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
You might get lucky with a large RV repair facility that does RV body work and collision repair. They likely will have what you need.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Dave, the lower valance is 250.00 and shipping is 250.00. You can only get it full length. I ordered mine thru Pete’s RV in Merraville Indiana. The factory actually packages it and ships it. It comes already bent. I figured what the heck. Cut it off and save the extra piece just in case. Good luck.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireslayerDave View Post
.......I have to purchase some lower skirting and a couple of trim pieces,...........
You might find what you are looking for in the links below:

https://elkrv.com/collections/montana-fender-skirts

https://lookup-our-skirts.com/
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
FireslayerDave

M.O.C. #24066
Thank you all for your recommendations. I ended up going to an RV service center in my town (RV Outlet, in Danville VA), they ended up being extremely accommodating. They had a long piece of dented up skirting that had enough good in it that they were able to cut the 44" I needed out of it. It was not the color I needed so it would need to be painted. The metal is not real smooth so I hated to pay to have an auto body shop paint it, I ended up going to the auto paint supplier and they color matched the paint perfectly and put it in an aerosol can. Two cans cost me $44 but it looks great! The other small parts I needed were about $35, so a fix that I thought was going to be 5-6 hundred dollars ended up being rather cheap but looks brand new and no different than it came from the factory.
FireslayerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Dave, glad it turned out good for you
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
I got clipped in my DS rear damaging the rear cap. The body shop got a new rear cap from Keystone Montana and replace it. They also got some of the sheet metal rear quarter panel where the marker light is located, also from Keystone Montana.
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote