Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2020, 08:22 AM   #161
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsemrad View Post
Just don’t put it in the same drawer as your toothpaste. My father in law would do that and I had a close call that could have been a problem.
Had a similar problem once in college. Got up hung over and mistook the brill cream for the colgate. Only did it once.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #162
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
Has the Corona virus thing caused anyone to change their Spring and Summer plans for this year? We are still good to go on or Spring and Summer outings. This year again we will be moving the Montana to a small isolated town in Northern Wisconsin. Not many people around, right on a nice river with lots of wild life and serenity.

Our governor in Wisconsin a couple of days ago closed all the K-12 schools, and this morning the Minnesota governor did the same thing. These are big decisions, affecting lots of young working families, but I really think it is the right thing to do fight this new enemy.

Its going to be an interesting 2020 for sure!
You see what you started.? We went from Coronavirus to butt cream. What’s going on here? Stay safe.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #163
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Everyone Please consider this. I"m not a member of boondocking but I'm just trying to help. I'm home and the camper is parked next to the garage. No plans to travel in the near future. But those who are on the road or full timing and need to get somewhere.

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=80776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
To all of you that are headed out on the road to campgrounds you have reservations at that were previously booked-- I would suggest you call before leaving home or your current campground. We have been down here in AZ since January and are staying put for now. We have been checking campgrounds on our route back to Nebraska and have found out many of them are open BUT they are not accepting any new arrivals whether you have reservations or not. Our campground here in AZ was open to new arrivals up to today but at 4 PM they have been closed to all new arrivals whether you have previously made reservations or not. Those of us that are here already can extend our stay BUT NO NEW ARRIVALS WILL BE ACCEPTED, PERIOD! They have closed everything except the laundry facility, and mailroom. If we need to talk to the office we need to call them prior to coming down to it. This is just a little advise to those that are planning on heading out. National, State and COE parks are closed and many of the private parks are also closed to new arrivals!
Old 04-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #164
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Nice benefit about "Boondockerswelcome" is you can easily a 41 ft fifth wheel in/out, many have water and power and you can stay 1 - 2 weeks. We joined Harvesthosts but after checking most of the sites in California there are very few sites where we can pull a 41 ft fifth wheel in/out of, no water and electricity and limited 1 night (some say 2).

https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

https://harvesthosts.com/
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #165
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Central coastal CA campgrounds that were closed are opening up May 1. We'll be there. They are booking up quickly so glad we had a reservation already in place. We may decide to start early and go to a currently open site. The local news highlights businesses that have remained open while maintaining standards for personal protection. Del's pizza, here we come.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #166
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Some replies about the current attempts at restricting some of our "unalienable rights" makes me smile. Our government whether it be donkeys or elephants has been chipping away at our rights for decades. They've just hit on the very basic ones here lately that have rattled our attention. I'd retell the story about how putting up one side of a fence, then another, then another, then another until a certain group of animals over time got used to being fenced in with little protest at all, but I don't want another stern letter from the moderators.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #167
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Some replies about the current attempts at restricting some of our "unalienable rights" makes me smile. Our government whether it be donkeys or elephants has been chipping away at our rights for decades. They've just hit on the very basic ones here lately that have rattled our attention. I'd retell the story about how putting up one side of a fence, then another, then another, then another until a certain group of animals over time got used to being fenced in with little protest at all, but I don't want another stern letter from the moderators.

I don't think you will get a letter from the moderators because i have no idea what you are talking about?
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #168
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Years back before the MOC became absorbed by RVLife ... the MOC administrators nipped a whole lot more in the bud than now. Fond recollections will always linger for me ... Ha!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #169
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
To my Constitutionalist friends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corona19-1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	5970  
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #170
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Years back before the MOC became absorbed by RVLife ... the MOC administrators nipped a whole lot more in the bud than now. Fond recollections will always linger for me ... Ha!
Yeah, they banned me on IRV2 for exercising constitutional rights in a respectful but direct way.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:48 AM   #171
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
I remember those days. It was a real treat! NOT
Old 08-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #172
montanaowner
Established Member

M.O.C. #26686
I haven't changed a single plan of mine due to COVID 19. Still bought my RV. Moved in full time. Still traveling for work. Right now I am in between jobs and on a long term spot near a lake. Definitely not going to let COVID 19 cramp my style as much as that is possible. Just not very social right now.

What I am doing is wearing a mask when I am in contact with the public and following CDC recommendations. Just got back from working a hot zone and saw it every day. None of the folks I worked with got sick. We were all careful to mask, gown and face shield with every encounter.

The CDC recommendations work. It isn't 100 percent. Something could happen however, WE have control over our own choices and that includes avoiding the public in general if you are high risk. It certainly was a high risk situation in my last job and we were able to mitigate that. I do believe most of the public could do the same with a few minor behavioral change. Seems to be difficult for some folks though.

This is a serious public health threat. Not at all trying to suggest it is not. It is just not the fearsome monster the news media reports daily. We have identified 1.4% of the population as having COVID. Yet the media keeps trying to scream out 5 MILLION. Those raw numbers mean very little and the data collected by the states at times has been questionable. When you really dig into available public data it looks like we are "statistically" having roughly the same problems that the rest of the densely populated countries are. That just doesn't create clickbait headlines so we probably won't hear that reported.

This is anectdotal however, the infections that I saw seemed to cluster in families or some other close encounters. That tells me there needs to be some time of exposure and a fairly robust viral load in order to get an infection going. I saw very few random cases where the person didn't have close contact with an infected invidivdual.

I have to say, go out, have fun, keep your plans if you're able to modify them in the context of this pandemic. No sense in stopping life in its tracks if you are able to safely enjoy and entertain yourself.
montanaowner is offline   Reply With Quote