Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #21
BobM
Established Member

M.O.C. #31115
Just curious. What brand of tires went flat? I haven’t heard any comments in other threads about the Goodyear Endurance.

BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #22
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
We have had pretty good service with no AAA.
Once we broke down, a tow truck came and hooked the truck and trailer and got both back to a service center, which stirred our trailer til the truck was fixed. Service center did not charge for storage, did charge for the 3 fuel injector repair.
Another time the truck radiator blew,. Canada AAA said the truck was in distress nit the trailer and wouldn’t tow it. A guy at the camp ground towed and parked it for us. When we got home AAA reimbursed us for the trailer tow and apologized for the inconvenience. Also gave us credit for the truck tow.
Had another problem when the axle broke on my boat trailer, they got a tractor-trailer to get it to a boat shop.
We have been very pleased with AAA.
Get the coverage for both husband and and wife so you get maximum tow miles if needed. Some policies are limited.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:21 AM   #23
Gunny B
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23153
We had a flat before getting on I 10 on our return trip from Gulf Shores and it took four hours for the guy to show up. He wouldnt head in our direction until he got his fee which was $150 more then my coverage allows. I was thinking it was some semi truck tire repair shop and it ended up being a guy in a pickup truck and a breaker bar. After that experience ive decided to carry my own tools , compressor, electric impact wrench,and a bottle jack to connect to my compressor. In June I had another flat and i had to make the dcsion to do it myself due to my location and a tire shop not being available on the weekends. I ended up changing the tire myself and got to the only tire shop for 80 miles 30 minutes before they closed. I bought a brand new tire and later got that hole fixed. Now i travel with an extra tire minus the rim in addition to my spare. Ive broken down on weekdays and was lucky i traveled when shops are open for business. Its not like years ago when the corner gas station was your go to mechanic for a tire repair or a fix to your tow vehicle.
Gunny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:28 AM   #24
northern lights
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18757
Send a message via AIM to northern lights
We've had Good Sam Roadside for years. Couldn't be happier. Before our Montana, we had a MH problem near Key West that immobilized us.
A local repair shop couldn't be found for this particular problem. They were ready to tow us all the way to Miami to get it fixed. However, they finally found a shop in Key Largo to fix the issue. It was still quite a distance away.
It's about $150 a year for our fifth wheel because this level membership also covers a cargo trailer & boat trailer we have.
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:23 PM   #25
Maddog
Established Member

M.O.C. #18615
Send a message via AIM to Maddog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC View Post
I just spent a miserable day on the side of 1-70 in Kansas after suffering 2 flats within an hour. I was down a tire and at this point had no spare. I am a AAA subscriber and had no option but to give it a try. It was Sunday and all of the tire shops were closed. I was appalled at the difficulty I encountered trying to get help. I assumed AAA would be ready to offer assistance but that was not the case. After multiple conversations with computers and an eternity on hold I finally got to talk with someone. They then had to transfer me to a “Kansas Club”, and the process started over. After being promised assistance would arrive and when to expect it it never came. I am looking for a new rv roadside service that works. What do you folks use? My Premium RV with AAA is useless. Thanks in advance.
Similar experience claimed they couldn’t find my location in front of fire station. But they could send out an independent. He came out to change tire. Payment first. Went to AAA for reimbursement. Sorry you hired him.
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #26
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
You have to arrange with AAA ahead of time for the reimbursement. If it is unauthorized, no reimbursement.
I was in Canada where my problem occurred.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote