Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We all need to listen to Dick here. These people aren’t working to feed us they are working to feed their family. They put their lives at risk every day. If we would slip them a few bucks that would help them out a lot and we wouldn’t even noticed it but they sure would. And you would be surprised at how much better service you would get and they appreciate knowing someone cares. If you aren’t already tipping them try it and you will be surprised at how much better you feel.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #22
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Similar in FL. No bars open unless food is more than 50% of their sales.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #23
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Outdoor dining only in Northern California.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #24
Biker bill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24657
Went out to breakfast this morning in show low az. No mask required.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #25
Tracyb-oh

M.O.C. #25609
Went out last night in Ohio. Wore our masks inside. Got seated at a table in the dining room right away with no tables close to us. Server was masked, we ordered with masks on. When they brought drinks masks off until after dinner. Then when ready to leave, masks back on to walk out. There is nothing hard about this.
Tracyb-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #26
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I eat inside 3 - 5 times a week in NC. Governor Goofy says masks are mandatory but only about 50% received the memo or care. Restaurants have increased the distance between tables. Yes, I'm tipping more than my usual 20% now, if service sucked I'd reconsider that.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #27
tschell

M.O.C. #21526
In California the restaurants and bars can only serve outside. A friend of mine went to the patio of a local bar and had to buy some fries just to order a drink.
tschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #28
Silverado333

M.O.C. #19522
We're in WA state - restaurants are partially open, as most have said, with a mask requirement and social distancing. We have no issue what so ever wearing the masks, and its discouraging to see so many who don't or won't. What's the big deal for a little inconvenience for a while - if we're all helping each other?
Silverado333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #29
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
At our Dairy Queen we aren't doing table service even though it's allowed. Fast food restaurants were never built for social distancing and you can't wear a mask while eating so for us it's drive thru and outdoor eating only. Over the years two of our kids were killed in traffic accidents and we were glad they weren't on the way to work. Trying not to be responsible for killing one of our current kids or their relatives just to make an extra buck.
Good on you Dick !
Thank you.
Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #30
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
Same in OR.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #31
GrahamLock
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25190
Same here in our area -(Canmore/Banff - Alberta)
GrahamLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #32
dlp99

M.O.C. #21205
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Around Wichita, Kansas you are required to wear a mask when entering and leaving a restaurant at any of the big box chains. Little mom and pop's, it's a mixed bag depending on your level of respect for the owner and other diners. Many fast foods like Mickey D's, some KFC's, and Wendy's don't allow indoor dining yet. Like I touched on and will mention out loud ... just how hard is it to wear a mask out of respect to the diner owner, staff, and other patrons for just a few moments before and after eating? This is not a question related to politics, rights, or enforceable laws so please don't get that wagon rolling. It's about you as a person.
Couldn’t agree more dieselguy. Thanks for the post.
dlp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #33
jrsemrad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21904
South Dakota requires nothing except recommends distancing and mask but, 250,000 people from all over the US are at Sturgis at the urging of the SD governor. Hard to distance with that many people in an area of 7,000 residents.
jrsemrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #34
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
When I was in the military I did it to feed my family and serve our country. I can assure you my life was at risk at times. I don't say this for any kind attaboy, just as an example. Many people risk personal safety for the same reasons. A tip is a gratuity, a gift, of appreciation. If service depends upon how much is tipped, then that's a problem. They have a job to do and it should be done to the best of their ability regardless of a monetary "thanks". What kind of person accepts a gift and grumbles because it isn't good enough?
I would totally agree if it weren't for the fact that the required tipped employee wage in Kansas and many other states is $2.13 per hour. The restaurant owner must make up the difference if the total of tips and pay is less than $7.45 per hour (but you can't live as a single on that let alone have a family). One of the reasons I retired as a full time RVer is that we pay our employees an average of $15 per hour plus a retirement match and pay most of their Blue Cross, but I'm universally hated by the Kansas Restarant Association because we do and sleep well at night because of it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:38 AM   #35
Chiefcpo
Established Member

M.O.C. #12110
OKAY so you got it bad!! PITY PARTY for you NOT!!!!!!
As some know I am in the Philippines, came here for a staycation, Got caught in the CV-19 flight cancelled, high state of quarantine (1 step lower than martial law) and now we are still on low level quarantine.
Under 21 over 59 y.o. not allowed out of residence
1 person to do the shopping Pass required (some what relaxed now)
No bars, sporting events, no movie houses open, not more than 25 in a group(funeral, or public gathering)
Mask required except at table where not more than 25% allowed in eating places.
temp checked at entrances to all building, and each store office in building same at their discretion .
Face shield required using any public transportation(places of business optional for now) {most people DONOT have private vehicles of any sort}
Stage 3 and over quarantine NO PUBLIC transportation and only essential workers allowed outside of home.
No MASK, over Gathering, Out of HOUSE ,$100.oo fine (USA converted) up to $5,000.oo.
PI$$ of government official GO TO JAIL, not a citizen jail and deported after you pay fine (do not pass go do not collect belongings) I from USA, 4 from China, few others in the news.
Yea YOU do have it tough there, I have been locked to the house for almost 7 months now as I am 71 years old.
May your GOD bless you, stay safe, stay healthy, and wearing ACE MASK IS TO PROTECT ME from YOU
Chiefcpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:57 AM   #36
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
Montana requires wearing a mask as you enter a restaurant then as you exit. Still have not seen the "mask police" during our summer travels through 11 states so far. LOL
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:58 AM   #37
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
New York has done a fabulous job with this. They now have 1% testing positive. Hats off to you. They listened to the science. How about some of the other states not so good. The country should be going back to work and school. Now we are fighting this all over again.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #38
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
The mask police are in Breckenridge, CO. Main street is closed and restaurants have some tables set up out there. One evening we saw 3 cops walking around talking to people. One guy had no mask and a nice lady cop told him to put one on. He was from Vermont (or thereabout) and said they didn't need a mask outside. But he put his mask on and everything was ok. Actually it was sort of easier as you just knew when you went outside you put on a mask. By the way, our resort required a reservation for the pools! They had chairs marked with numbers and they told you which number was yours for 45 minutes or an hour.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #39
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
The mask police are in Breckenridge, CO. Main street is closed and restaurants have some tables set up out there. One evening we saw 3 cops walking around talking to people. One guy had no mask and a nice lady cop told him to put one on. He was from Vermont (or thereabout) and said they didn't need a mask outside. But he put his mask on and everything was ok. Actually it was sort of easier as you just knew when you went outside you put on a mask. By the way, our resort required a reservation for the pools! They had chairs marked with numbers and they told you which number was yours for 45 minutes or an hour.
We were in Breck not long ago. I actually enjoyed the street tables for eating. Wearing masks was something to get used to but whatever. We still were able to do whatever we wanted and I think we did it all except for the tram. The Hilton Valdoro had reservations for the spas, it was nice and everything was cleaner than ever. I rather like the social distancing. I don't know how many times we caught a flu in a crowd pre covid.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #40
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This Thread is about the status of restaurants in your area. Let's try to stay on topic and not drift into political statements (some of which have been removed).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote