Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
racquetballfreq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10395
Send a message via AIM to racquetballfreq
Blue Beacon

Anybody out there ever use Blue Beacon Truck Wash to wash their rig? If so, comments please

racquetballfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
mfreitas
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18133
Yes numerous guys with spray washer hoses like a 25 cent car wash
They do truck and trailer
they don't do trailer roofs and they don't dry or wipe down at least for us
mfreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Just make sure they understand not to spray high pressure water into your frig vents and furnace and water heater.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
racquetballfreq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10395
Send a message via AIM to racquetballfreq
Thanks for your input, sounds like you get what you pay for! Elbow grease is free, but not many parks let you wash your rig and we are full timers, so we don't have a driveway to park it in to wash.
racquetballfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Just make sure they understand not to spray high pressure water into your frig vents and furnace and water heater.
Good advice, that's why I wash my own RV and would never let anybody near it with a pressure washer.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #6
Sierra 117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9481
Had a BlueBeacon guy smash my backup camera bear the Truck"s license plate.other than that have had good experiences using Blue Beacon.
Sierra 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
mfreitas
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18133
What was the outcome of the broken camera and how much trouble was it to resolve the problem?
Or did you not notice it till later?
mfreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #8
gmstrom
Site Team

M.O.C. #11318
Used Blue Beacon several times. Pretty reasonable on price for both the truck and trailer. They just use the high pressure spray. Would like to have the brush wash. Got the wax treatment but it left streaks on the sides of the trailer. We watched them wash a truck in front of us and they never touched the back end of the tanker trailer. When it was our turn, the boss guy confirmed that they know not to spray water in any openings on the trailer. I watched thru the back up camera and saw that they didn't wash the back of our trailer either. Notified the boss guy and pointed to the camera display. He didn't say anything and went straight to the back of the trailer and washed it himself. Like you said, you get what you pay for. I have gone to other truck washes and had better results but I had to pay more for it.
gmstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #9
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmstrom View Post
Used Blue Beacon several times. Pretty reasonable on price for both the truck and trailer. They just use the high pressure spray. Would like to have the brush wash. Got the wax treatment but it left streaks on the sides of the trailer. We watched them wash a truck in front of us and they never touched the back end of the tanker trailer. When it was our turn, the boss guy confirmed that they know not to spray water in any openings on the trailer. I watched thru the back up camera and saw that they didn't wash the back of our trailer either. Notified the boss guy and pointed to the camera display. He didn't say anything and went straight to the back of the trailer and washed it himself. Like you said, you get what you pay for. I have gone to other truck washes and had better results but I had to pay more for it.
Sounds like some repair people I have run across. If you pay extra for full synthetic oil at oil change place be sure you watch him pour it in from an unopened container. I catch them every time. don't sit in waiting room. They may not even replace oil filter!
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #10
Bama Camper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15888
Have had good experiences with Blue Beacon, but make sure they don't open your fuel tank door and spray with their high pressure hose if you don't have a fuel tank cap. My Dodge does not - it uses a spring loaded door that opens when you put the fuel filler nozzle in. I watched them do this to a 3/4 ton diesel truck in front of be. Best I remember the charge is around $30 for the truck and fifth wheel.
Bama Camper is offline   Reply With Quote