Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #41
clark
Established Member

M.O.C. #9472
Send a message via AIM to clark
Hey Mainer, I'll take a photo of your gettup. Thanks,
Maine-iac

clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #42
clark
Established Member

M.O.C. #9472
Thanks "Stretch" !

Maine-iac
Old 10-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #43
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
We took out our pleather couch after the first year of use. Very uncomfortable to sit on. A replacement sofa was impossible to find at regular furniture retailers due to the lack of available depth. Replaced with a nice Palliser real leather recliner which left enough room for our dogs kennel. Don't need the ability to pullout for extra sleeping space.
This summer we removed the Home Theatre seating. Pleather was starting to peel and one of the cable pulls had broken and the other one was going. When I took it out of the trailer it literally fell apart. Very cheap.
We went to Lazboy and paid big bucks for a real leather power reclining HT seating. Ordered early Aug with 8 weeks for delivery. Advised yesterday, after 9 weeks, that the leather was on back order and would be another 8 weeks. WTF. That's too late for us as we are planning to leave on our Snowbird trip to Arizona by mid Nov. we are now trying to get our $2,500 deposit back.
Back to furniture shopping but doubt we can find something in stock that will fit. May have to go with 2 recliners rather than HT seating. If not we will check out Camping World when we are in Phoenix. They carry Thomas Payne and show Seismic series power HT seating which might work. I suspect it is also pleather. Anyone have any experience with this brand
Ended up picking up a power reclining loveseat from The Brick. It's not real leather. The sales person called it Leather Like fabric. Some sort of new age polyester blend. They have apparently got rid of all their pleather cause it just wasn't holding up. This stuff looks and feels like leather and will hold up well. Time will tell. Was half the price of Lazboy.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #44
racquetballfreq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10395
Send a message via AIM to racquetballfreq
Ranch560,

I have the same rig, although it is a 2014, but I am assuming it has the same dimensions.

We are also interested in replacing our pealing, cheap "pleather" furniture. I did check out the website that you included in your post, but was wondering what brand you went with, TIA
racquetballfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #45
Vernonite

M.O.C. #20931
Replacement recliners

We just replaced our two recliners with two leather ones from Lazyboy. Very comfortable, look great and a lot lighter than the originals. They had a great sale on as well. We are very happy with our choice.
Our friends (also Montana owners) liked ours so much that they also got the same chairs but made them into swivel recliners (ours are gliders) and had one of them raised higher. I had no idea Lazyboy can make modifications such as increasing the height.
Vernonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #46
clark
Established Member

M.O.C. #9472
"Pleather" furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernonite View Post
We just replaced our two recliners with two leather ones from Lazyboy. Very comfortable, look great and a lot lighter than the originals. They had a great sale on as well. We are very happy with our choice.
Our friends (also Montana owners) liked ours so much that they also got the same chairs but made them into swivel recliners (ours are gliders) and had one of them raised higher. I had no idea Lazyboy can make modifications such as increasing the height.
Very encouraging information ! Do you have any photos or model numbers ? We don't have a LazyBoy dealer but I might find them online. Appreciate your help.

Clark
Old 01-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #47
Vernonite

M.O.C. #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
Very encouraging information ! Do you have any photos or model numbers ? We don't have a LazyBoy dealer but I might find them online. Appreciate your help.

Clark
I don’t know how to attach a picture. 😬
It’s called Casey reclina-rocker recliner. 010767 LB651679
Old 01-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #48
Vernonite

M.O.C. #20931
Here’s the picture of Lazyboy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F3C161C7-CCA6-4488-80C8-3DEA7FF57C27.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	962  
Old 01-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #49
Vernonite

M.O.C. #20931
Sorry it’s upside down.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #50
clark
Established Member

M.O.C. #9472
furniture

Great photo, thanks ! Do you still have to turn them sideways to close the slide? And, did y'all replace the sofa as well. Can you tell me what a "good price" would be. I'm really disappointed in the POOR quality that Keystone/Montana stuck us with ! Thanks again forf your help.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #51
Vernonite

M.O.C. #20931
Yes I think so. They fit ok, but we think they’ll bump the window. You could remove the back and then you don’t have to turn them, but we think it’s simpler just to turn them sideways. They are much lighter and easier to move.
Didn’t replace couch. They were $599 each on sale and real leather.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #52
clark
Established Member

M.O.C. #9472
Seems like a very good price ! They want almost that much to re-cover our our junky Montana chairs ! Hope I can find some. Thanks again.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #53
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One thing to consider. One of the folks here in the park had their heated recliners go out and the parts Lippert sent to fix them didn't solve the problem so Lippert is sending them new theater seats and a new couch for free because they didn't make the matching color anymore. Considering how Lippert has been in customer service on Level-up etc it will be interesting to see if the furniture improves now that Lippert has purchased that business also.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #54
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernonite View Post
Sorry it’s upside down.
No problem, we are flexible. Good looking chairs!

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #55
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
I must say Lippert very quickly assisted with getting us a new cable for our reclining theatre seating when one of them broke. I sent an email to them explaining the model & year of our Montana and which side of the seat the cable broke on, 3 days later I had the cable installed....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #56
Butchie

M.O.C. #21457
Question

I think everyone on this thread has a rear living room - correct? We have a 3750 Front living room. This is an issue because the 2 slides in front are raised higher than the floor of the living room floor -- about 4 inches. I don't know why the front is raised because the other 3 slides are "normal" - it must be related to the slide operation in the front. Anyway, we have 2 full size couches - 1 on each side. They are not only uncomfortable (the seated distance is too far for even someone who is tall (I need a bolster behind my back), but we have no real recliner and would like at least 1. We don't really care about the blow up bed inside the couches.

Any suggestions? If we take out a couch and add a small/slim recliner, it would be placed on top of the slide, which is 4 inches higher than the floor. So I might need a booster to get in and out of the chair. And the actual distance between the front edge of the slide to the back is quite short -- the chair end would need to be over the edge. Thanks.
Butchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #57
Butchie

M.O.C. #21457
Bump Any ideas? Ty!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #58
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
You might not be able to move the recliners away from the wall far enough for them to recline and still keep the legs on the raised slide unless you get wall-aways.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #59
Butchie

M.O.C. #21457
TY. I was thinking of possibly even using it the long way. E.G. that the chair arm would be parallel to the slide wall in 1 side rather than the back of the chair. That will take more room and require a narrow chair.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:04 AM   #60
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
One has to look around to find furniture that will fit. We got recliners at lazy boy. We did not get the so called OEM leather stuff when we ordered our Big Sky as we knew the quality of that stuff.The OEM cloth sofa is holding up well but it is very uncomfortable.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote