Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
Karenraecamp
Established Member

M.O.C. #25205
Battery

Battery maintenance questions. Have 3121RL battery has a box over it. Wondering if the battery needs water. Will need to disconnect battery to get cover off. Could the battery be sealed? Two years old and have never took off cover.

Karenraecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
From what I understand, the batteries and propane tanks are installed by the dealership.
My guess is they use the cheapest batteries they can get away with. Most likely you have a FLA (flooded lead acid) battery.
It would be a good idea to pop the cover off and check the water about monthly (quarterly at least).
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:26 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
My dealer installed batteries were Deka Marine group 27. They had been sketchy/weak for several months, but I am plugged in to shore power 99% of the time. Never dry camp. I found some Diehard AGM Marine group 27s at Sams in Round Rock last January. The AGM are maintenance free batteries - no worries about water. When I searched online none of the Austin area stores ever show them in stock. We just happened to be at the Round Rock store and they had two so I bought them and took my old batteries back on our next trip for the core refund. We were at the Sams in Temple last weekend and they had 2 group 34s but no group 27s. The tire manager said they usually get new batteries weekly but he never knows what they will get.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote