Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Towel Racks

The DW wants more towel racks for the bathroom. Where are they put in a 3400? Wall across from the toilet? Door facing the toilet when closed? Aren't the wall and the door hollow...how are they secured?

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In the 3400 the towel rack is part of the shelf above the toilet.Don't know where you might put another as there is not much to the walls..I guess you could attach one to the inside of the door although they are hollow.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cat320

The DW wants more towel racks for the bathroom. Where are they put in a 3400? Wall across from the toilet? Door facing the toilet when closed? Aren't the wall and the door hollow...how are they secured?
Hi Cat,
We just keep our towels on the shower door handle, we did find a three hook over the door hanger for our robes,pj's. We have it so it is facing the inside of the toilet room. I put self adhereing felt to the part that goes over the door to prevent scratches. Works well for us.
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Bert, Betty, We bought a 3 tier towel rack, all chrome, that hangs over the top of door of the bathroom. I cut the part that hangs over top of door so that it doesnt show from outside, then put a couple screws in the very top. the door closes just like before, and it works great, Got it at CW. I installed it facing the inside of toilet when closed. hope this gives you an idea!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I found a towel rack that is meant for over the door but put it over the side of the shower. It just fits so it doesn't hit the glass but rests on the chrome. I secured it with commerical grade double stick tape. It works and travels really well. It is solid not the kind that wiggles (had one of them). I purchased it at Target. You can still open the bathroom door all the way. It does show if the sliding door is open but we keep nice towels hanging there so no problem. If someone doesn't like looking at our towels, they have a problem! LOL
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Check out www.ezrvproduct.com. He's got some neat suction cup towels bars at a good price. They stick to the inside of the shower but not the outside because of the scaloped surface. We're going to attach some clear plexiglas to some over the door hooks and use these to hold the towel racks in place. That way they're still portable and I think we can use them outside on the side of the rig when drying towels without doing any damage.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:13 AM   #7
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
There are some towel racks in the Owners' Show and Tell section linked from the MOC Home Page.

http://www.montanaowners.com/ShowandTell.html
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes the doors and walls are hollow but
I still mounted 3 towel racks to the wall. It's something you won't be removing so a little double faced tape and screws work great. Using the oak towel racks available at Wally World, Home Depot or Lowes, simply place some 3M double face tape on the entire mounting surface of the bracket. Place the bracket exactly where you want it and screw it to the wall. If using a cordless drill DO NOT stripe the screw hole. With the screw and the tape that towel rod is not going to come down.
The door can be done the same way or you do have about an inch of solid wood around the outer edge of the door. Use this wood for a solid mounting surface.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Note that the outside wall is solid(so to speak)I would guess that a rack can be mounted there without a problem. (in the 34000
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote