Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2018 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Factory tours which one would give me the most benefit?

Okay okay okay. I know the rally is out there a bit.
But we are planners.
Looking at last year's schedule the Montana and HC tours were at the same time. We have an HC, but I was interested in the Montana tour.

But since I have an HC would I get the most bang for my buck by doing the HC tour instead?

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 06-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Really depends on the reason for your taking the tour and whether or not you are planing on sticking around the area which might let you take the other toour on your own. If it were me, I'd take the tour of what I had first so that I had an idea how things were laid out and built so when you wanted to make changes you know what is behind that wall etc. I would take the other tour to get ideas of mods you would like to make and how they were done at the factory.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jeff-- better hold off and make sure Keystone will be giving the two tours again this year. The Wagon Masters will be posting the schedule as soon as they have set things up with Keystone and Montana Division. Then you will see IF the two tours will be available. Last year was the first year they did separate tours of the two plants so we'll have to wait and see what is coming up this year. Everyone is a planner but you can't plan anything till you get the info for your planning. I've been on both tours and they are great tours and you will see the units from when they frames come in one door and turned upside down till the finished products as they roll out another door. Just hold off and the schedule and the sign up posts will be out as soon as the WGs get it totally in order. There will be a separate post or thread on the sign ups for every activity that needs to be signed up for. The sessions put on by OEM distributors and Keystone will be open and you just go and attend them.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Thanks. If offered I would most likely do the HC tour since it is what I have. Thinking I will want to add support for my holding tanks. We do not always have the ability to dump when i want. It will be hard to not to ask "what were you thinking?" on a couple of things. Like the head banger door for one.

Also want to find out where they hide all of the coax splitters.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 06-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
When I was in Elkhart last month they were doing the regular Montana tours on Tuesdays. The 2018 schedules for all models is on the Keystone website.

https://www.keystonerv.com/upper-nav...ur-rv-is-made/
Old 06-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Hate to disappoint you, but assemblers on the line don't do things the same way from unit to like unit or across models. Think about trying to get your jobs done as the train is moving through the building and not slowing because you aren't done. And i'm sure there are those that don't care about it at a given point in time. But the tour will still be interesting even though it is frozen in time between work times.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A factory tour when the line is operating any manufacturer is a educational experience. s. The assembly line is organized chaos. The Montana line is not in operation for the fall rally tour but if you have never seen a line in operation there are plants all around you.
Closed Thread