Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2022, 10:36 AM   #21
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttman View Post
Nice job with the magnets. I was afraid of scratching up the hitch, or having them blow off in a side wind. I did something similar for our camper. Right now its set up for only one flag, but I have room to add up to two more for 3 total. It clamps on with two threaded knobs.
TTman / Bartman,

I like both of the ideas in this thread!

Neo magnets are strong, and I'm betting that there is plenty of strength there to hold two flags on.

However, the system that clamps down is a slick setup as well. That's very positive for sure, and you don't have to worry about it falling off. The only downside, is that you have to loosen up 2 knobs, which isn't a big deal either.

GREAT IDEAS GUYS!!!

Old 02-16-2022, 10:38 AM   #22
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
I saw this recently too, and I was going to make something along this vein, but I think that either one of the ideas in this thread are much easier to execute on!!

Fifth Wheel Flag Holder
Old 02-16-2022, 11:25 AM   #23
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
I saw this recently too, and I was going to make something along this vein, but I think that either one of the ideas in this thread are much easier to execute on!!

Fifth Wheel Flag Holder

That is an interesting way to approach it. I like the concept but iIts a little pricy for me and its massive in size. The way it sticks out I’d be afraid kids would run into it, or I’d back into it as its high enough some back up sensors might not pick it up.

I have an older lightly used 2002 Montana. My storage bays are only approximately 14 inches tall, or about 1/2 or less as tall as the new ones, with the drop frames and I’ve got ductwork, plumbing drain and and water lines to deal with. I went for small and light for easy storage, etc. My clamp on version cost less than $30.00 total, not counting the flag that came with the mount bracket. The two threaded knobs were the most expensive part.
Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:46 PM   #24
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttman View Post
That is an interesting way to approach it. I like the concept but iIts a little pricy for me and its massive in size. The way it sticks out I’d be afraid kids would run into it, or I’d back into it as its high enough some back up sensors might not pick it up.

Yeah, I like the concept too, but you are right, it is definitely complicated, massive and for darn sure, it is pricey!!!
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:56 PM   #25
Montana Bob

M.O.C. #29470
Looks great
Montana Bob is offline   Reply With Quote