Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2023, 11:41 AM   #1
MuscadineMontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #29898
Schwintek Slide Out Fails - 2022 3761FL

Both slides have derailed and chewed up the tracks pretty good. I literally just picked it up from the dealer that had it for 8 months repairing a failed awning motor and failed furnace board. Got the unit home, opened the 2 front slides, and then heard cracking and popping sounds in both slides. I’m a little suspicious the dealer didn’t sabotage us..This is awful. We have a warranty through RvComplete, but I really don’t want to have it in the shop for nearly another year. Any tips or advice? Should I just YouTube it, order the parts and fix it myself? Stinks to pay so much for a warranty that takes so long to utilize.

MuscadineMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:46 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately a common problem especially in 22. I'd start by calling Keystone directly and submit a claim. Ask them to recommend a mobile tech or a good dealership. I'd also call Lipert. You can download the Lippert Now app as well. It's their slide and they are very helpful.

Each state is different but in CA if it was on the lot for 8 months for repair, it falls under lemon law. You could use that as leverage if applicable.

As far as DIY repairs on this slide, there is only a few I'd attempt. It sounds like your slides are out of time. You can retime them.

Here is the retiming from Lippert

Here is the lippert page
https://support.lci1.com/videos/
Old 12-06-2023, 10:13 AM   #3
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
IF you see physical evidence the motor spur gear tracks are all chewed up then you are looking at removing the H columns for repair...

You have the inverted style Schwintek in wall slide system...

If you stand outside and look at the left side tracks up at the wall you most likely have sheared the aluminum rivet on top and bottom guide blocks.. this is referred to as the "Fixed Side" and the right side is the "Float Side"

I would also bet the guide block shoes on upper and lower guide blocks are damaged..

This link will help you understand the repair that is gonna be needed to fix your slide system

https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-sli...r-146-001-2022

** The repair is within the abilities of an RV owner provided they have the mechanical skill sets to do the work
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote