Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
JPz

M.O.C. #29719
SOLAR for dummy

I have a new 2021 Montana High country 334BH, factory installed Solarflex. I know nothing about this and the dealer just jumped over it, the documentation provided was virtually nothing but a flyer. I can't even tell if it is on. It has the Jaboni 30 controller and next to it a display reading 12.9. When I hit the power button on the jaboni controller, it stays on for about 3 seconds then goes dark. From reading other posts, I get the impression I should junk the jaboni and put in a victron (this has bluetooth). Can anyone out there give me some basics on this system?

JPz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:12 PM   #2
M&M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27628
In the Files section under Systems on this site has documentation you can download that can help you out.

I changed the jaboni to victron and it makes it much easier to know what the system is doing.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
WSKGunn
Established Member

M.O.C. #28474
website

you can go to the Jaboni website and download the user manual
https://www.jabonipowerproducts.com/...ge-controller/
WSKGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
JPz, we have the Super Solar, which is quite a bit different, but almost all solar is the same in certain respects. I apologize if this is too simplistic. First and foremost, the panels on the roof go to a solar charge controller that goes to your batteries. Obviously, your solar panels convert sunlight to electricity and the charge controller determines how fast to charge your batteries based on composition- lead acid, AGM, or lithium. Your Jaboni readout (or a Victron) goes to your battery. In our case, the Victron charge controllers and the Victron battery gage are both readable on our phone via Bluetooth. Others have mentioned changing to a Victron. All power comes from your battery to your inverter which changes 12v to 120v. So, only you can determine if the system is meeting your needs. Read the Jaboni manual (look in files or download from Keystone’s sight). Read up and if you’re not happy, read the Victron manual. I will say we are very happy with the Victron components, but we will be doing a lot of boondocking with ours. If I was building a solar system a piece at a time, I would start with a good gage to see my battery statistics- usage, state of charge, etc. Next, I would get lithium batteries, and then I would build my system around them. There are a lot of people here to help if they understand what you have and are trying to do. What batteries, how many watts of solar, using solar to keep batteries charged while traveling? Enjoy your new rig and let us know how we can help.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
Hazex4
Established Member

M.O.C. #26860
Wow, deja vue! I have the Super SolarFlex on our 2021 Montana 3120RL. We must of bought from same dealership, no help on walk around or any supplied docs. Luckily it's all online and the techs will answer the phone! I had the same Jaboni display problem. You have 2 Jaboni controllers that are connected to your display. One of them has probably popped a breaker. To reset it you have to go to the electronics bay where all the components to your solar system are wired together. Mine is in forward storage, your trailer is bigger and it might be in rear storage. All the electronics are installed in a box compartment: 2 lithium batteries, inverter and solar controllers plus protection circuits. On the outside of this wooden box you'll find 4 horizontally lined CB's that are resettable. 2 of them go to each Jaboni controller. Mine are hidden by a bulkhead and I have to feel which one is popped to reset it. That should fix your display problem. If you find yourself constantly resetting the controller that's the bad news. Those 30amp controllers have a hard time managing the four 275W panels when the sun is directly overhead. I went through 3 controllers before getting a couple Victron's which solved my solar problems. Let me know how it goes!
Hazex4 is offline   Reply With Quote