Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Willi.Woodland
Established Member

M.O.C. #27559
Tip out stuck out on moving day

We are trying to get living/dining tip out in using a drill and bit at the motor. All others have worked fine and this one came in a tiny bit but now nothing. We are supposed to be moved from current location yesterday. This is in regards to Montana 3150RL.

Thank you
Marcy

Willi.Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
So it's one of your hydralic slides that's stuck? Is you battery good? Is there any chance that the switch for that slide is turned off in the door where the levelup controler is? Do you hear any noises or clicking when you try to bring it in. What happened when you tried the drill and the motor. Please give us a little more info.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Willi.Woodland
Established Member

M.O.C. #27559
Hello. Yes, it's a hydrologic and no noise.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #4
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Did you manually open and close the proper valves in the Battery/Pump compartment to manually operate the pump??
Old 12-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
Willi.Woodland
Established Member

M.O.C. #27559
Hmmm. I have no idea. Honestly, I am not good at this stuff. Anyway, I can say that I had drill, bit, and used the knobs on propane tank side marked opp, main, etc. I switched each as far as they'd go (like I've read). I then proceeded to bring bedroom and tv slides in doing this. I vaguely remember doing something similar, drill and bit, but rooms moved one after the other and in order. Like if I wanted living room out I had to go thru the sequence regardless. I can't remember how that worked?? Thank you btw
Old 12-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
You need to leave the "knobs" for the valves wide open (fully counterclockwise) These are only meant to disable any of the slides from moving outward should your need arise. Additionally, using a battery operated drill will be painfully slow to move all the slides. Although brand X ... here is a good video of how to manually do your slides. Lippert hydraulics are very similar no matter what brand they are installed on.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #7
Willi.Woodland
Established Member

M.O.C. #27559
Alright. We'll watch it. Thanks so much. I'll get back to ya
Old 12-21-2021, 04:04 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Just a thought...if your other hydraulic slides are working, then you do not need a drill and bit to run the stuck one in or out. Your motor is obviously working or the other slides and the landing gear (if hydraulic) wouldn't work. It may be that the hydac valve for that particular slide out is not opening. I had a problem with my door side slide and it turned out to be a bad switch in the panel. Ten dollars later and it has been fine ever since.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:11 AM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Robert ... I assumed he was using the drill for all slides ... he needs to clarify if you're right in that the pump brought the other slides in on its own. As for hydraulic slides (not electric) they are all looped (connected) together with only one valve to operate them. The pump turns one way to open ... the opposite way to close (no directional valves). Due to basic hydraulics, the lightest usually comes out first, the heaviest last.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:15 AM   #10
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi.Woodland View Post
We are trying to get living/dining tip out in using a drill and bit at the motor. All others have worked fine and this one came in a tiny bit but now nothing. We are supposed to be moved from current location yesterday. This is in regards to Montana 3150RL.

Thank you
Marcy
Good Point! I took from the part "All others have worked fine and this one came in a tiny bit but now nothing" to mean the pump was working. You may be right though.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:50 AM   #11
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
With the Hydraulic slide outs there is USUALLY only ONE Hydac valve for ALL hydraulic slide outs...

If the hyd pump is running ( and you can hear if it is ) and the slide out doesn't move but the others moved with no issues then you either have a leak on that slide cylinder or the cylinder is internally bypassing..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote