Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #1
STAbraham

M.O.C. #33604
Question 2020 Montana Heat Pump

We have a 2020 3761L Montana. Front living/rear bedroom. In the bedroom, we have an air conditioner with a heat pump. I see that it is recommended to clean the filters routinely. I have 2 air intakes in the bedroom ceiling, but they just have a piece of foam that filters a little bit, but I pull those down and it's just the insulation board in the ceiling that I see. I don't see any actual filter. Does it have filters up on the roof unit that need cleaned. Anyone have suggestions or experience with this unit? Thank you!

STAbraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:10 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
No. The foam filters are what you need to clean. You can buy the same filter material on Amazon and cut to size. I did that to have an extra set. I wash one set and put away to dry while using the clean set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:34 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
RMcNeal stated it correct.

In addition, at least once a year you should get on top of the roof and remove the shroud over the air conditioners. With a garden hose, spray off the cooling coils and clean all the gunk out. The cooling coils is that thing that looks like a radiator in a car. This is how they clean the coils on a house AC also. It won't hurt anything, just don't spray directly on the electronics. They are sealed, but why take chances. (YouTube has several videos on how to clean the AC on the roof, check them out).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 02:32 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I've done the same on the filter material but I just went to one of the hardware stores and bought the regular A/C foam filters used in window A/Cs. I then cut them to the size of the filters in the ceiling and have several to use then when cleaning the filters. All you need to do is put the dirty ones in the sink with some dish detergent and slosh them around some. Then rinse them and set them out to dry and when dry store them away for the next filter cleaning. I only have them in the main living area and my bedroom A/C is showing in the ceiling and has it's own filters in it also but no intakes like in the living area.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote