Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
carl n wanda
Established Member

M.O.C. #31909
Cool Opposing Master Bedroom Slides

I have a 3781RL and my issue is with the opposing bedroom slides. When I close the dresser slide and then close the bed slide it appears to want to push the dresser slide out. I've made sure that the mattress is pushed against the slide wall but it still appears too long. I have the OEM mattress installed which is the king mat. Should I exchange it for a King Short mattress. I have also noticed that the padding on the mattress headboard is mounted too low and holds the mattress out away from the wall by about 1 1/2".

carl n wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 03:23 PM   #2
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Is it actually pushing the Dresser slide Out, or just pushing tight against it?? If it's really pushing the dresser slide back out a bit, I would say there's an issue.
Our dresser isn't a slide, but the mattress does push tight against it. Been that way for almost 7 years now and no problem.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Those slides are Schwintek slides. Be sure to keep pressing the "button" 3-4 seconds after the slide stops. This will keep them in sync. Don't run either slide in or out "half way" and stop. Run the slide all the way out or all the way in and press the button 3-4 seconds past the "stop" point.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #4
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
...Is it actually pushing the Dresser slide Out, or just pushing tight against it??....
We have opposing slides and when both are in it is very tight...no way to even get a hand between them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #5
carl n wanda
Established Member

M.O.C. #31909
The platform (plywood) is well enough away but like you said the mattress pushes against the opposite slide. I think a (short) king would fit better, I just don’t like the idea of having to purchase new sheets to fit.
carl n wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:44 PM   #6
PamBates
Established Member

M.O.C. #30034
Cut the mattress!

If you have an all foam mattress, you can unzip the mattress cover and use an electric knife to shave off an inch or two. We did this and it fits much better.
PamBates is offline   Reply With Quote