Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
R Bran
Established Member

M.O.C. #31461
Water pump issues

Hello, I am a new addition to this forum and have a question about our new 295 High Country. I am not new to campers, have been camping in one form or another all my life. My previous rig was also a 295 Mountaineer which I bought new in 2013 and traded for this one. I have had a ton of issues with this camper but the issue at hand is my water pump. It runs extremely long and rattles the whole camper. I know there is a leak somewhere and it is obviously taking in air someplace. My plan is to begin at the pump to see if there is a loose fitting but I don’t want to do too much since it is still under warranty. Has anyone out there had this issue with their new campers and if so, what or where was the problem on yours? I really don’t want to do too much and possibly void my warranty but we are at the campground and this is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any advice.

R Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I would start at the pump to check for air leaks. If possible take the connections off and check for cracks in the hose and fittings.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
When our rig was new, had leaks from behind the convenience center. Found most of the threaded connections barely hand tight and some were leaking. Tightened all of them and solved the leak problem. It is also a good idea to have on hand some of the cone washers that are used in the PEX connections, because they can get distorted and no amount of tight will stop a leak. https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...l%2C362&sr=1-2
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:44 PM   #4
R Bran
Established Member

M.O.C. #31461
Thanks for the info! I started at the pump and discovered immediately the source line was completely kinked. I’m not even sure how I was getting any water and very glad it didn’t crack or burst. The other side was nearly as bad. The factory used 20” lines where only a 12” line should have been used. I repositioned the lines and now everything is working much better! The lines will need replaced as the area of the kink is very soft now but it will be fine for now. I also had to tighten some of the fittings as they were also loose. Only one was wet but I checked them all anyway. Just another line on my two page “to do list” for the shop if I can ever get it in for the warranty work…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49AFF745-8323-4F98-A574-687C6E019154.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	12782  
Old 08-13-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
You will find that if you are able to fix things yourself you might be better off, even if under warranty. Several on this forum have reported that their rig was in the shop for 4-8 weeks getting repairs.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:37 PM   #6
R Bran
Established Member

M.O.C. #31461
Well, there are many issues that have to be addressed in the shop such as holes and scratches in the linoleum floor, gouges and black marks on the edge of the island counter top, strange noises in one of the air conditioners and several other things. The stuff that needs to be addressed immediately I have been fixing but they will still need to be discussed when the coach goes in. It looks like late October or possibly November before it does so I have been documenting all the issues and taking pictures.

It really disappoints me the condition this coach was in when it was allowed to leave the factory and even more disappointed that many of the problems weren’t discovered and addressed at the dealer before I picked it up. I had only one issue with my previous coach which was fixed right away and we had many years of enjoyment with it. I was so impressed with the Keystone product I owned that I decided to purchase this one. I really want to love it as much as I did the old one but it is becoming more and more difficult. I really hope all the issues will be taken care of so I can regain some trust in Keystone and the dealer!

Tags
295rl, water pump