Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #1
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Electric Usage for Seasonal Campsite

I am new to having a seasonal site with my Montata. I just got my first electric bill for the month of may, needless to say I was blown off my chair at the bill. I am looking for a comparison of the rates charged at other parks, first of all, then Id like some opinions on the amount used. I am calling BS , but before I complain I want to do my homework. I admit I didn't take the reading in the beginning of the month, but I am past that now. so, here we go. My park charges $.27 per kWh. How is that compared to other places? For my home service, I pay $.13. Next, they charged me for 411 kwH, per the meter read, this is where I call BS. I dropped my unit off up there on May 3, and the reading they took was through yesterday. They didn't take a reading on the day I arrived, they took it on April 29. They say no one was on that site between then and when I checked in. I call BS on that. Next, my unit sat up there, plugged in with just the fridge on for pretty much the whole time. I was up there a total of 5 nights the whole month. Now, I haven't used AC yet,I did have the fireplace on briefly now and then to take the chill out at night, and I did have my hot water heater on both electric and gas. I dont see how I used 411 kwH in that time , it dosent seem possible. I happened to get my home bill yesterday as well, and I used 1145 kwH for my 3500 SqFt house, that has a hot tub always running and lots of other juicy things....how could my camper use a third of what I use at home, for basically 5 nights and a fridge running for a month? Dosent seem possible to me. Anyone know what the average kwH is for the fridge?
I am going up on Friday, and the first thing I am going to do is check the meter, so I can get a baseline of what 1 week with the camper just sitting there unoccupied uses. Im just looking for some other info and insight if anyone might have it. Thanks
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote