Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Winter Wonderland and Your Montana

Seriously, hope all in these areas that are in their Montanas are buckled up and tucked in nice and warm (and full of propane) on this last day of November. Remember this is still FALL for another three weeks...

What am I saying??? Surely everyone is SOUTH by now. Right???

Note: for those unsure of that time/date stamp that our government NWS uses, that is 11/30/2007 at 10:50 am EST.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
NOT nice Dave!!

NOT NICE AT ALL!

Yepper, we are still in Michigan. SIGH.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Dave. Had to rub it in, didn't you? See ya in January if we dig out from this one (or the next one).
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Carol & Jim,

At least Dave could swing some weather beads or something on the days you guys are leaving, and for the Stevens' too, don't cha think???

So, you want Mother Nature to behave in January, we tenatively wanna get outta here about Dec 15th,

so, Dave, you better be wearing knee pads those days and pray real hard, or we are gonna blame you!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Dianna and I went out today for a late breakfast at IHOP. I wished I had had my camera to take pictures of how the folks were dressed on Nov 30, 2008 in Houston, TX.... No camera, but they were in shorts and t-shirts. What is a jacket?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Carol here, using Al's computer.

YOU GUYS ARE TOUGH!! as nails and mean too!

Cannot help that we cannot get away yet, we have obligations, kids, mom, community! And you should have heard the kids whining when we said we were leaving before Christmas Day. YIKES! I am still burning from the experience.

We are expecting part of that nasty storm to hit us, talking about 2 to 3 inches of wet snow followed by 1/4 inch or more of ice. Now, that makes my day, AL??? you got gas for that generator, sounds like power outage weather to me! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If my wishes meant anything in the scope of things (as in getting out of here!!) we would be in Mission already!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

OKKK, I'll stop crying in my soup, errrrrrrrrr snow, now. SIGH
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Carol, just tell the kids that if they want to see you, come to Mission. Obligations? I am obligated to be retired. I have discovered that the world can get along without me. My kids can too. We were supposed to help my son move into his new house in North Carolina. Well, we never made it due to Dianna's fall. And would you believe it? They got moved without us.

Ok, ok, I do know that some things really do need your attention. Still being mean and rubbing it in.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Stiles, you are a joy to banter with! HA HA

This is a case of beware of what you want, and ask for and wish for, cause you just might get it.

We had a troubled child, holidays were painful and stressful, he did not want to be with us. Now, years later, when he has dealt with a lot of his issues and has, of course, grown up, he is not happy that we will not be there for the DAY, even tho we will celebrate before we leave, the entire gang.

Now that mom and dad want to self-induldge a bit, what I wanted years ago is being thrust back at me.

I am thrilled that he has changed, now, I have to deal with the consequences of what I wished for! It is a tough assignment, but some Mom has to do it!

Plus the other commitments. Some day we will not have them, will we miss them?? Yep.

Carol, on Al's account again! Sittin in ole COLD Michigan!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I sure hope that all blows out by Monday, Betsy is supposed to fly back here to Savannah, Ga. from Chicago. She really won't be happy to get stuck back there in the frozen tundra. We bailed the first week of Nov. and now she is back there in the nastiest part of it. Bummer.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
As expected, this is not getting any better. First major storm of the winter season???

Keep your head down Carol. When are you getting out of that stuff???

Old 12-01-2007, 01:24 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave,

Tenatively any day after December 11th, but, probably will not start packing until the 12th. Course, if you can pray harder, bribe Momma Nature and her brats, whatever, it would really help!

Looking at that map, I would miss this if I lived about 60 miles south of where I do.

If I could stay home today it would be nice, but, alas, one of those commitments reigns mightly today, and that is 60 miles NORTH of where I live..
Old 12-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave...We will be there Monday before noon...It is 70 here in Lady Lakes at 9:05AM... We look at the Cleveland Weather and say a little prayer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #13
TexasTraveler
Established Member

M.O.C. #7892
Ya'all get down here to Texas where you BELONG at this time of year!!!

TexasTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:24 AM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Anyone coming close to Houston, give a holler. We'll see about getting together and telling stories. I'm 40 miles South of Houston.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TexasTraveler

Ya'all get down here to Texas where you BELONG at this time of year!!!
Or FL...

Here south of Orlando (Loughman):
Fri-80/Partly Cloudy
Sat-81/Partly Cloudy
Sun-81/Partly Cloudy
Mon-82/Partly Cloudy
Tue-82/Partly Cloudy

Light winds and a lot of green grass and trees all winter. Pool day almost every day.

But that's just my preference...