Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi Dave, Thanks,
Yes, on mine it is, you don't have to remove anything but the cover to get to it.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
TN road dog
Established Member

M.O.C. #13347
With 30 years in the comfort industry, ( HVAC), I choose what I believe to be a more effective method, more efficent and quiet.

To help keep the belly warm in my Big Sky, I installed a bathroom exhaust in the storage compartment. The fan is in the ceiling of the compartment near the return air area of the furnace. A flex pipe is connected to the outlet of the exhaust fan and runs into the belly nearly al the way to the fresh water tank.

Remember, the storage compartment shares the same air as in the coach.

The fan is quiet, more so than the furnace fan. The fan constantly cirlulates the warmer air from the compartment into the belly keeping the belly temperature raised.

During a brief period of non use during the winter, I placed a small electric heater in the storage compartment beneath the exhaust fan. The fan runs constant, the electric heater cyclings on its thermostat, the furnace is off and the belly stays above freezing when the outdoor temp was 16 degrees F. I had temp sensors placed in three places of the belly to confirm the temps surrounding all the tanks in the belly.

It was a bit of work getting the flex pipe run. Also had to avoid moving parts of slide mechanism. The holes in the frame etc for hydraulic lines should be sealed. I used standard pipe insulation same as Armaflex.

It really works well. No drafts, very little noise.
TN road dog is offline   Reply With Quote