Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
rnjinaz
Established Member

M.O.C. #5926
Frozen black water tank

I have a frozen black water tank. It's frozen enough so that it will not drain. I have now put antifreeze in the tank. What do I do now?

rnjinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Sorry to here about your troubles..........hope you dont have the same problem that Icehouse had .........Their valve got stuck and was not operating because it seperated from the actuator.........he had to manually operate it with pliers or something.....also I believe they had issues with their paper not dissolving right.......maybe they will chime in.
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
rnjinaz,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope by now they are corrected. We have been in a remote area of Alaska and only had intermittant internet. I just saw your post and see we were referenced. We have had all sorts of 'arctic' issues with temps down to -25 degrees. If you have any questions, please ask. We are delighted to share what we have learned.
Bernie
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
If it is frozen, just run your (furnace) heat as much as possible, try skirting that area with hay bales to block the wind, just make a square around the bottom of the trailer where the tank is, you might drop a section of the black under cover, and slip a drop light under the tank close to the dump side.
My old 30' trailer had a tissue blockage, I dropped an air hose down the toilet, packed the toilet hole with rags and gave it a blast of high pressure air and...whoosh! out the blockage came.
Good luck with it.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote