Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
Cherokee
Established Member

M.O.C. #29650
Had to say no to new Montana legacy 3121rl FBP

Good evening,
My wife and I started our search for the a quality fifthwheel to travel and see the country. This would have been our fifth RV, so we have owned good units and some lower price range units.
We had our new Montana arrive at dealership and was told it was going to be cleaned up and all checked out, so come down and see it, 3.0 hours away.
When we arrived we found table slide mat was sewn incorrectly, island overhead light frame coming apart in two corners, overspray paint all over the inside of almost all the windows, only night shades,(solar shades were not installed), drawers all over the unit that were crooked and not closing flush. The ceiling had bubbles in some spots and shower bottom track cut 1” too short on both ends and not caulked
We told dealership that we didn’t want to take delivery until everything was fixed. They said no problem and that we will start working on it right away.
Fast forward to February 21st, was told everything was fixed and come down and get it.
We arrived to find table side slide mat had been replaced with a mat just as bad as the other one. Island light frame worse with smudge marks where they tried to fix, drawers not repaired for alignment, overspray on inside of windows not repaired. Ceiling bubbles were not repaired either. They did install solar shades. We were very disappointed, buying an RV should not be this hard. My wife and I thought we better check this unit out a little better. I crawled underneath and found skirting was trimmed by a beaver leaving all sorts of jagged sharp edges plus skirting with screws fastening to nothing. But the brakes and springs looked great.
Inside we found on the stove side window that the installer rolled the seal and squeezed it into place. Needless to say, we left the unit there to be repaired before we took it home.
After much discussion during our ride home, a higher Power spoke to us not to except this unit. What else is going to happen since it only had a short 20 mile drive from Factory to dealership. Take heed to the red flags. We lost over 5 months of our lives that we will never get back.
Sorry so negative but you have to take the good with the bad. I would wait to get a new unit until new workers are trained and manufacturers care about products they are producing.
We did stop at another dealership on the way home that sells Higher end fifthwheels such as Vanleigh, Tiffin Beacon and Mobile Suites. Their craftsmanship looked just as bad. I think it’s the whole RV industry and there is truth to the rumor these are poorly built for the last year at least.
Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote