Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2023, 05:48 PM   #1
payneo
Established Member

M.O.C. #32171
Smile Using the Victron GlobalLink 520 ...

Greetings everyone. I thought this would be a good place to post my results after installing the Victron GlobalLink 520 gateway solar monitor.

If you happen to have a Keystone unit that comes with the 400i and above, then your system might be like mine. If you've been considering a way to remote monitor your battery health and solar activity - this little unit just might be the ticket for you.

Why did I install it? Three reasons; wanting to remote monitor my battery health, determine the efficiency of the solar package and monitor the wet bay and inside coach temperatures.

What do you get with this unit? For $216 off Amazon (of course ...), this unit was pretty much plug-n-play for me. Connect to power (by-passing any shutoff switch), add VE.Direct cables to your Victron SmartSolar Charge controller and the Victron SmartShunt (purchase separately ), and connect them to the GlobalLink 520. Then stand back and get ready to be amazed!

The attached images show my current setup + a screen shot of the, free to use, VRM (Victron Remote Monitor) portal.

This unit updates every 15 min and then goes into a very very low power stand-by mode. It automatically tests for the best cellular connection from different carriers and then transmits it's data.

I added two Ruuvi Bluetooth sensors in both the water pump area and inside the coach. These sensors transmit seamlessly to your GlobalLink and can be monitored via the VRM portal.

If your looking to add some geeky fun to your system - have a look at the GlobalLink 520!

Feel free to shoot me any questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VRM Portal screencapture.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	14124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Montana Solar setup Large.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	14125  

Tags