Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #381
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave e Victoria

Does a corral gate have a notch to clear the hitch? But, I do like the idea. I've always wanted to raise a critter or two for meat and milk but it didn't fit in with the fiver life style. maybe with a corral gate back there I could keep a couple of calves in the bed. I just see their little noses sticking through the louvers. I wonder if the straw would stay put. Could be a real conversation piece when we checkin to the KOA.
Dave

Corral gate could probably be had with a notch, by request. Or you could cut it yourself with a diamond blade. (OOPS.........didn't mean that.)

Secondly, I like the idea of the calves, but: be durn careful ya don't declare them as pets. You could get barred from the campgrounds that don't allow pets!?

Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #382
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Was hoping for 39..............gotta get some pics in my profile.

Sorry all.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #383
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
OK, we made it.

Thanks all for your support.

The calves could be helpful for the Cow Pattie Bingo, and thus be a business item, or a fund raising tool. Exempt from the "pet" policy maybe?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #384
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
From my understanding of Cow Patty Bingo, one would have to have the "cow patties in a rather solid state unless each player had a "BIG" bingo board or card and then each would have to have the calves positioned just right in the bed of the TV so the "patties" would "slide out through the "louvered or gated tailgate" to land on the precise number called! Now this could get to be quite a game especially if you did not feed the calves quite right or enough to produce your game pieces.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #385
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
So we would have to train the calves to operate the pull strings on the adjustable louvers on the louvered tailgates dependent upon their dietary intake!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #386
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
How about a louvered, diamond studded trim, modified corral gate to tailgate, with REMOTE CONTROL? It could also be heated and have lights built in? Speakers to listen to Paul Harvey?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #387
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Correct Bingo! That will not be an easy job since calves can be trained but they will have to be trained to do their "duties" facing the front of the TV and their duty end facing the louvered tailgate or modified cattlegate! I guess a person like OZZ could come up with some type of sensors so the louvers could open at specific times or in an "on call" basis! LOL
Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 AM   #388
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm not really sure, but I don't think Bounce would take care of the cap and underbelly of the Hanna.

Bingo, my spelling is not very good. Some times the keys are close together and my phat finger get in the way. Did I say "half-gassed?" See what I mean. Some times I just add an extra character. Shucks.

Carol, I'm still working on that picture of a diamond studded louvered tailgate. (Just to stay on topic)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #389
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
I have a corral gate that got notched pretty good when the bull tried to jump over it. Keeping in mind the intended use, methane recovery project, it ain't gonna be cheap! Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #390
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109

Waynem, it took me a while on your bounce comment - but I got it!!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:23 AM   #391
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Well, I've read the comments again and now have changed my original opinion.

My vote is for No Diamonds, and No Chrome, just plain Bare-Naked Louvers.

We could all be happier by keeping to the essentials without unnecessary expensive dressings.

come on 40! ...has anyone seen Waldo?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:42 AM   #392
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Waldo is hiding behind that naked louvered tailgate! I can see his outline through the variable louvers!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #393
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Happy 40th all who have participated and contributed so faithfully.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #394
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ahhh - to only be 40 again!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #395
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Young at heart Brad, that is all that matters. Or if your post was supposed to somehow relate (on-topic) to this thread then I assume you are asking all of us if we happen to know if louvered tailgates were around forty years ago. Now, thinking back to the 60's, that reminds me of the wood paneled station wagons that were the family sedan of choice then. Which in turn gets me to thinking of wooden tailgates, which in turn has me considering adapting the wooden louvered washer/dryer closet door to a tailgate. Lightweight and if you damaged it, relatively cheap to replace. If it was spring, then I could investigate this with more fervor, but with it being 18 degrees outside, something tells me I really am better off where I am, next to the fireplace with a nice cold cup of Sam's Cola (economizing in order to maximize warm weather Monty trips) and the playoffs on the plasma.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #396
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,
Wooden Louvered Talgate? Ok, can I have the left over pieces. I'll find some louved place for them.

Woody's are nice!!!

Who said "NO DIAMONDS?" Carol is going to open a can of Whoop.... on you.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #397
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
In honor of bandwidth, (covered with diamonds??, she must ask)

and in honor of this thread having gone on much longer than any one thought possible.

and in honor of warm weather

and in honor of the MOC for all it is, including a good place to come to laugh and not be so serious about life and ourselves,

and in honor of life, the pursuit of happiness, ohhhh, that is another thread

and in honor of not getting this thread locked,

and in honor of all louves and louvers everywhere,

Carol will refrain from saying one more word about diamonds, rubies, pearls, or Valentines Day.

So, endeth Mrs. CountryGuys' partcipation. No hard feelings, I just don't want to be the reason for this informative thread getting locked.

OK, dudes, lets see how long you can go without getting locked!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #398
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
It took me three times reading the comment about bandwidth or band width, but I think I got the intended???? pun??? I concur with Carol, I had a blast with the thread, mainly using it to fill idle time with nonsensical louvered opinions. However I must confess, that I wanted to concede a few pages ago and could hear Robbie screaming from somewhere out west and continued posting. Since I am stickhouse bound, if it drags on and I get bored, I will probably jump back in, but hopefully my next contributions to the forum will be a worthwhile thread tracking the progress of the electrical protection devices that I plan on installing before the Easter weekend (traditionally our first time out). Taking life too serious is a drag anyway, so this thread has provided me and I hope some others a little comic relief. I hope all of my fellow MOCers understand where I am coming from. I do have a hard time controlling my sarcasm and inanity (or as Brad and Robbie would say...off-topic) contributions, but I am getting better at it. Before hitting the Post New Reply button without thinking I am now at least thinking before hitting it. I have actually found myself closing out the window without posting. If you catch me rambling in the future, my advice is simply to pray that the cabin-fever from which I obviously suffer is not contagious!!!!Come ON SPRING!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #399
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bingo - it always helps me to go buy something! Like a wireless backup camara - or even a new anniversary Monty with it already attached!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #400
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Well, last night I was dreaming about louvers, and woke up with a new revelation.

What if we had a topic about off-topic topics?

Here’s how it would work:

Suppose you are posting and reading your favorite topic with your forum friends about louvers, when you see a post from your first-cousin Billy-Bob from Arkansas who is married to your sister, and he replies about the Bingo chip-throwing contest they had down at the beer garden and pickled pigs feet eating contest…..posted in the louvered tailgate section…..some nerve, huh?

Without ceremony, you could direct him/her to the new “Off-Topic” topic without saying anything about the dreaded PM for personal message correspondence. No ones feelings would be hurt, we could all continue to be one happy family…life could be good! Just imagine the bandwidth we could save!

Maybe a new heading is warranted here. Let’s see what section should it go in? Maintenance? Improvements? Sittn’ ‘round the campfire? New found cousins?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote