Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2023, 06:02 PM   #1
JeffnDeb

M.O.C. #33238
A bit of frustration

We purchased our 1st Montana 5th wheel ..2021 3813MS that we absolutely love...it has a factory installed Winegard 360 on the roof..I recently purchased the router that needs added to complete the use of it. Inside the coach is a access location with the wiring for the router. I started to the project to attach to the ceiling when I realized that it was in direct line of where the bedroom slide would come in..had I not discovered this the slide would have destroyed the $350. Router..I contacted Keystone of the situation thru their customer relations web site asking for help/suggestions..they returned a message asking for the vin number of the coach which was sent soon after..since then they have not replied..I have requested a reply 3 more times.
I thought that I was investing in a company that would care after the sale aswell.
I contacted Winegard of my issue ..they said KM should fix the issue..I also asked about if they offered a wire extension..which they do...I might be able to swap the location with a ceiling light with some challenges...
I'm so frustrated that I can not get a reply from Keystone.

JeffnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 07:13 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffnDeb View Post
We purchased our 1st Montana 5th wheel ..2021 3813MS that we absolutely love...it has a factory installed Winegard 360 on the roof..I recently purchased the router that needs added to complete the use of it. Inside the coach is a access location with the wiring for the router. I started to the project to attach to the ceiling when I realized that it was in direct line of where the bedroom slide would come in..had I not discovered this the slide would have destroyed the $350. Router..I contacted Keystone of the situation thru their customer relations web site asking for help/suggestions..they returned a message asking for the vin number of the coach which was sent soon after..since then they have not replied..I have requested a reply 3 more times.
I thought that I was investing in a company that would care after the sale aswell.
I contacted Winegard of my issue ..they said KM should fix the issue..I also asked about if they offered a wire extension..which they do...I might be able to swap the location with a ceiling light with some challenges...
I'm so frustrated that I can not get a reply from Keystone.
First off welcome to the MOC.

Secondly sorry to hear about your issue, although a relatively small one. Good thing you caught it. Your floor plan is very similar to mine. Where is your 360 mounted? Mine is on the right front. The opposite side of the bedroom slide. I've yet to see one mounted on the slide side. You might be better off going through your dealer? After all I assume it's a used trailer since it's a 2021. Keystone as with any manufacture will not be much help with a used resold unit unless it's a warranty issue. Pictures also help.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:10 PM   #3
JeffnDeb

M.O.C. #33238
Coach was purchased from Camping World in Minnesota January of 2022..we live in southern Wisconsin, CW told us someone purchased from them and after 6 weeks returned it and purchased a Toy hauler..at least this is the story they gave us. So basically used/new.
Winegard is located left side (driver) approximately 4-5 ft from cap.

Pictures were included with the original email sent to KM along with the entire history explained..I was then asked by them to provide the vin # so that they could look into the situation...this where their communications stopped.

No response such as see your dealer or our mfg records don't show that we installed or that we made a error.
JeffnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote