Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Water pump Issue with Winterizing

I have a 3-month-old Montana 3721RL and was trying to use the water pump to winterize but got issues. When I followed directions of draining the hot water heater, closing the water heater by-pass valve and moving the value to winterize with a hose connected to the Freeze Guard hose bib and into a gallon of antifreeze, I turned the pump on.

Initially the pump comes on and no antifreeze being sucked up. Finally after doing a couple on and offs, lifting the antifreeze to a higher level, it seemed to begin pulling some in. After about a gallon it stopped sucking. Now when I turn it on, the pump simply runs and isn't pulling up any antifreeze.

CW tech said that there was probably a valve behind the HW that was in an open position? Since I have it in by-pass mode, I didn't see where that would matter at this point but I pulled the panel and they aren't any valves behind the HW? The only value looking device I could ever find outside of he central control box was a valve up in under the BR cabinet. It looks like the main city water line comes in from the central control box and goes underbelly then back up to this cabinet to this value configuration and then back out and down into the belly. Attached is a picture of the value, even though it isn't an on/off type valve. Not sure what it is? Has anyone figured this one out?

I took the lines off the in and outlet at the pump and there was antifreeze there, plus I got antifreeze through all my faucets but the pump never pumped the lines up to pressure to cut off. Ultimately I never got antifreeze to the ice-maker which was my main intent.

Any suggestions, other than dragging it back to the dealer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Montanna Valve.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	2657  
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote