Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2023, 11:39 AM   #1
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Good habits

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1831.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	15358

Hopefully I succeeded in downloading the pic. This is a picture of my kitchen faucet which blew off as I reached to turn it on this morning to wash the breakfast dishes. The top and handle blew completely off, soaked the ceiling, cooktop and pretty much everything within a 5 foot diameter. Including a large wooden ceiling light fixture. This happened in our Mobile Suites and not one of our two Montanas.
Posting this as a reminder to always turn off the water when you leave your rig hooked up and won’t return for a while. We just returned from our summer trip yesterday and unloaded our traveling Monty and moved back in to our MS. I cannot imagine the damage done if we were not home and this occurred!

Byron B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:37 PM   #2
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
That's a darn good tip / reminder Byron. Thanks for sharing.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:59 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Good advice. Never had a problem with the RV. But used to have some acreage with a shop/barn with water that was 30 miles from our house. Would go there most weekends to do misc chores. ALWAYS turned off water at the meter when I left. Except once I forgot. Next time I arrived to find about 2 acres of near swamp. Our soil expands and contracts a lot on wet/dry weather conditions. Main pipe had pulled apart right where it entered the building, so pretty much full flow out into the pasture. Water bill was in excess of $1,000! Fortunately water company upon hearing my story settled for less than $75. That was the minimum monthly charge that I had never exceeded in all the years of owning it. Learned my lesson.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:10 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I wonder what water pressure regulator was in use?
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:13 AM   #5
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Simple Suggestion

I always turn off the water to the RV if we leave for more than a day. I also disconnect my Black Tank flush after each dump. Never know when a plastic pipe will fail. Simple suggestions!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:18 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
That is another reason why I never hook up to city water and leave the spigot turned on! We always run our water from the water tank and the on-board water pump. (IF) something happened, the most that would happen is 50 gallons of water would flood the camper.... not a thousand if hooked up to city water.

It's good you were right there when it happened. Yes, it could have been a real mess if it happened and you were gone.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote