Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
No water in Bathroom sink or shower

Hi All.
I have a 2017 3791RD and today I pulled it out of storage, and I'm am now sanitizing the water system. When hooked to city water, I flushed out the antifreeze, and ran every faucet and toilet, and Ice maker too. I then filled my water tank and wanted to run some chlorinated water into all the lines using my fresh water tank and pump. The ice maker, Kitchen sink and toilet run just fine. But when I try to run the shower or the bathroom sink there is nothing. The shower just drips, the sink does nothing at all. Both worked perfectly when running on city water. The valves in the wet bay are in the correct position. 'Normal' for the fill valve. The hot water heater is not in 'bypass'. The winterization valve is in the 'Normal' position.
What am I missing? Any ideas would be greatly apricated.

2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #2
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Attached is a photo of the wet bay. All the valves are in the correct position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E39AE7E-149B-4BB8-A1BC-54B11A3A3DE7.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	11839  
Old 05-01-2022, 05:06 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Does the pump kick on when you open the bathroom sink or shower valve?
Maybe some build up in the valve itself preventing the water pump from sensing a drop in pressure?
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:08 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
You said you had water when you ran from shore power from all faucets. Then you flipped over to your fresh water tank and a couple faucets do not work now. Did you try going back to shore water again and see if those faucets work again?

The reason I'm asking is because it's possible when you ran water from shore water first, there might have been some debris in the hose and it ran to those two faucets first, clogging them at the aerator's or the shower head.

So, if you tried going back to shore water again, and those two same faucets are now still not working, then the problem is at the end of the faucets. However, if the water flows again when switching back to shore water, then something else weird is happening.

Try removing the shower head and see if the water flows. Try removing the aerators at the sink and see if it flow. If so, there is your problem. If not, well???? Proceed to step 2 ... but not sure what that is yet?
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:28 AM   #5
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
There is no air flowing, no pump kicking on. Nothing when I open the bathroom sink valve. The shower just drips and after several minutes the pump will cycle.
I did not try going back to city water. That’s a great idea. I’ll try that later this afternoon. I’ll also remove the shower head.
I did remove the screen in the fill port in the wet bay. I pushed in the back flow preventer with my finger and water flew out under pressure. I’m baffled.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Problem Solved !! I tried both the sink and the shower again. The sink had nothing. No drips. No water. No air coming out. The shower had the slightest drip but nothing more. I pulled the head off of the shower hose. Sure enough there was a very very small amount of scale covering the small port holes. This was less than the size of a BB. I turned the water on without the head and it flowed perfectly. Now on to the sink. I took the strainer screen off and sure enough about the same amount of scale was stuck on the screen. I couldn’t believe how so little debris could totally stop everything under pressure. But it did. I turned on the faucet without the strainer and it too ran perfectly. No more debris came out. Hopefully it’s fixed. Hard to believe that was it, but also very happy it was easy to fix. I dread the day I have to get into that maze of tubes behind the wet bay wall.
Thank you both very much. You nailed it.
I appreciate the good help I find here.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #7
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
That is likely caused by hard water, and while in storage, the water dried and left the deposits to clog the water flow. You can soak the crusted up parts in vinegar to help clean them up. We full time, and almost 9 years ago got a portable water softener that uses table salt to recharge, and that really helps cut down on the mineral deposits that mess up the plumbing. Another place you can get debris that will clog the aerators and spray heads is from the water heater, so draining and flushing the water heater tank, especially the Suburban water heaters with the anodes, will remove the deposits that can float up and get into the plumbing.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #8
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Check the line to make sure you don’t have a break from the winter
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote