Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Ram Air tube band clamps failing

I recently had my 2014 Ram 3500 serviced and the tech pointed out that I had some band clamps broken on my air tube between the air cleaner and turbo. These bands had rusted out completely. Their price to fix was $646 plus tax. I let the service manager know that was ridiculous and he agreed, but some of the clamps are not called out as spare parts, only part of the tube assembly.

Being retired, I have more time than money, so I spent <$50, most of that on beer, to solve the problem. I found a kit that contained a 7' roll of stainless steel 1/2" band strap and 6 connectors for $12. I made 3 new band clamps to fit and installed them.

The 2014 Ram was one of the worse years for these band clamps. Apparently none of them were SS. Most every truck will have these failures.

So check your air tubes clamps and fix them yourself. Below is a link to what I bought on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092CN53R7...roduct_details

jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:02 AM   #2
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Thanks for this post for two reasons. First, I have the same truck and will be looking for that potential problem. Two, I didn't know hose clamp could be had at such lengths. That will come in handy some day. It's amazing how beer helps to solve so many problems!
Old 10-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
I too have the same truck, and year . Thanks for the heads up. Its an easy find for some that change their own oil if they go thru the top, that tube has to come off to get to the oil filter. I did it once that way ,and it was once too many. I do mine thru the fender with the cap on the oil filter . I'll have to check those clamps periodically .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:30 AM   #4
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Could you have used one of these? They have them in different diameters and what I used when I put an H&S CAC tube on my Ford. What was supplied with the H&S kit were pretty poor in comparison:https://www.amazon.com/WISAUTO-79-87...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote