Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
09_Ultrarider

M.O.C. #30994
Electric issues

I've replaced the circuit breaker and gfi and it's still blowing the breaker it's a 15/20 amp breaker, as soon as I replaced the breaker one side reset but no power to the outlets or fireplace, the other controls the ceiling fan. Gfi in living area and th lights overhead, it still won't reset I'm at a loss

09_Ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Not sure of exact problem you are having, \but try turning all 120v breakers off. Then turn them on one at a time until something pops off? Maybe this would narrow things down.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
First, what year and model is your RV? Without that info any ideas are just guesses.

Second, you seem to be replacing a dual CB unit (one side 15 amp and the other 20 amp). What is attached to the 15 amp side? What is attached to the 20 amp side? What happens when you turn on the 15 amp CB? What happens when you turn on the 20 amp CB?

I would be very surprised to see the ceiling fan, a GFCI, and an overheard light all together on one circuit.

The fireplace is in the slideout. What about the inoperative outlets referred to. Are they only in the slide out?

What doesn't reset? The GFCI or the CB?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:00 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I had a 15/20 breaker go bad. Actually only the 20 amp side went bad and would trip several minutes after being reset even though the load on it was below the rating. Replaced the breaker and it never tripped again. Inexpensive and easy to replace to see if that is your problem.

If it still trips then I would guess you have developed a short somewhere.

Oops. I overlooked that you had already replace it. Then I would have to guess a short.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote