Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2023, 07:16 PM   #1
Splendor in the Woods

M.O.C. #32976
Refer problems

Brand new 2023 377FL. Haven't even left the driveway with it.

The GE residential refrigerator doesn't have power. Inverter is working.

I have what looks to be resettable orange fuses in my circuit breaker box. Can someone confirm because I can't find these in my owners manual nor online.

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230724_210319.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	15063  

Splendor in the Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
What model number Progressive Dynamics Power Center do you have? Those orange things look a lot like the optional Wagu connectors.

I assume you don't have shore power and want to use the inverter power. What inverter do you have. I know others have had problems with the inverter looking like it is on but it doesn't output power. Hopefully one of the other inverter owners will jump in here.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 04:57 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I know that none of these rigs are wired the same, but mine has the fridge on the first breaker. I noticed in your picture that that one breaker is off. Could that be why the fridge isn't working?
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:04 AM   #4
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
What Carl and Robert said. I am reluctant to give advise anymore on electric stuff because there seems to be differences in all the campers, but one of my breakers is marked “inverter” and when that is off, no fridge or power at the other inverted plugs on shore power or the inverter. Mine is not the first breaker but yours could be. That breaker is how I totally shut down my fridge. Just turning off the fridge by pushing and holding both the freezer setting and fridge setting buttons will shut down the compressors but the lights will still stay on when the doors are open. Throwing that breaker kills the juice to the plugs.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:51 PM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
If it's a refer question or problem, turn off the inverter and plug it in to shore power.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 06:22 PM   #6
Splendor in the Woods

M.O.C. #32976
So it is a PD4560A.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Converte...560K18LS8.html

Those are Wago connectors as there are 18 of them for that model. For some reason you can see 4 of the 18.

The refrigerator plugs into a Inverter plug in so it can stay on going down the road.

I unplugged from shore power to be on inverter only and everything works as it should except the refrigerator.

Then I shut down the inverter by turning off the Giggybox, flipped all breakers inside as well as the battery disconnect. The trailer was shutdown completely then.

Brought it back up on only shore power and turned all the breakers on. Everything came on except the refrigerator. Then I restored the Giggybox and the battery connect.

I will pull the refrigerator out tomorrow and check the plug and if that is not it then back to CW it goes. We will test out their warranty and service department.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:39 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A couple of more questions.

Can you take a picture of the labeling on the fuse panel so we can see what they wrote? Not that I believe it as circuits without fuses don't pass 12V. So the #16 spot fro the Bed Slide #1 is not true. That also makes me question the slot #18 being for the refer. A typical propane/electric refer doesn't work in any mode with out 12V. I don't know if the same is true for a household refer.

Next it would be nice to know what inverter they installed? Pictures and model number will help.

The refer works on 120V AC but not 12V DC. That implies the issue is with the inverter not switching for AC power to DC power from the batteries.

Oh yea, the link to the D4560A power panel is likely a more expensive model of power panel. You only have 4 Wagu connectors and only one has a fuse. It might be informative to open the "flipper" on the other Wagus and see if there are any wires attached.

I suspect the problem though, is with the converter not passing 120V when using a battery.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:29 AM   #8
Splendor in the Woods

M.O.C. #32976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
A couple of more questions.

Can you take a picture of the labeling on the fuse panel so we can see what they wrote? Not that I believe it as circuits without fuses don't pass 12V. So the #16 spot fro the Bed Slide #1 is not true. That also makes me question the slot #18 being for the refer. A typical propane/electric refer doesn't work in any mode with out 12V. I don't know if the same is true for a household refer.

Next it would be nice to know what inverter they installed? Pictures and model number will help.

The refer works on 120V AC but not 12V DC. That implies the issue is with the inverter not switching for AC power to DC power from the batteries.

Oh yea, the link to the D4560A power panel is likely a more expensive model of power panel. You only have 4 Wagu connectors and only one has a fuse. It might be informative to open the "flipper" on the other Wagus and see if there is any wires attached.

I suspect the problem though, is with the converter not passing 120V when using a battery.
I revised my post since I was waiting on a moderator to approve.

I am going to pull the refrigerator tonight and measure the outlet to test the inverter theory.
Old 07-26-2023, 03:58 AM   #9
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Ponder - Carl is a moderator…”Site Team” under his name.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:31 AM   #10
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Ponder, I also have a residential fridge but my unit is a 2019 3791RD. With mine, I have the inverter mounted on the ceiling of the basement with an automatic transfer switch plugged into it. If you have an automatic transfer switch, can you test to ensure that you have 120vac going into and out of that? I have read of some issues with the automatic transfer switches.
I know the wiring is different on the newer rigs as well as having solar, etc. so not sure where you auto transfer switch is located. If you can find the inverter, trace from there and you should be able to find it.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:17 PM   #11
Splendor in the Woods

M.O.C. #32976
So we found the issue on our own.

Tried some other inverted outlets and they were not working either. Reset the inverter and it still did not work. Found a second GFCI in the pass through compartment. The other one is in the kitchen.

All is well.

Thanks everyone.

Andrew